new here post ettiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here post ettiquette

Hi I am a newbie to this site. I did not find anything to discourage item sales here, but i would like to confirm this before annoying anyone with a couple of good surplus deals I have on 80/20 extrusions, LeBlonde lathe parts, and shear blades.

Please let me know if it is acceptable use to post items available. Thanks for your time and understanding.

Welcome to the site Casey.

The site is sponsored by Village Press, publishers of Home Shop Machinist, Machinist Workshop, Live Steam and others. The hosts ask that the site not be used for advertising.
    Jim H.

Comment

THanks for your prompt reply. I will observe that request.

Comment

The site at www.practicalmachinist.com does have a selling forum.
        Steve
        Steve

Comment

thanks for asking

Well, damn! A courteous "commercial" poster!

Casey, thanks for asking before posting. I think that headed off a flame war or some other "debate".
          The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Hi Casey,

Welcome... and thanks for asking
            Leigh
            The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
            of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

Yes, thanks for asking. I just checked the new user registration agreement and see that Village Press still has not amended it to state that advertising is not permitted.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                Yes, thanks for asking. I just checked the new user registration agreement and see that Village Press still has not amended it to state that advertising is not permitted.
                In that case Ower Gert is still selling CD's on Tool and Cutter grinders, Dividing heads, CNC Bridgeports and others.
                See seller Marypoppinsbag on Ebay.co.uk

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Jeez John, when you are moderator this weekend, are you going to have to drag yourself out by your own ear?
                  Jim H.

Comment

According to Evan I'm not breaking any rules.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Youv'e been here long enough, You know better.

Fer shame, Fer shame, fer shame.

Comment

But he is an Earl or Viscount or such person of closer breeding and as such...................

Ken
                        Ken.

Comment

You can also post it here on adrians board in the "For Sale Ads, Want Ads, and Trading forum" there is no problems with it at all there.

http://www.bbssystem.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Comment

Working...
                          X