unusual stub drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fasturn View Post
    Guess I hit a nerve lol. Just wanted Old Mart to know he scored on some nice drills. Everyone works different so what works at one shop can change at another. As for nice stuff, look up James Webb telescope. Last thing I work on before retirement. Never worked on a ship ?
    My only Point is the 118 degrees. Thats a common drill angle and they do vary some.. 170??

Thats all.. I am ok with all things. Thats because I dont understand everything. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

It was the 170 degree angle that first prompted me to ask about them. As I already said, they were so cheap, I would not shed a tear if some get broken. I was rather pissed off when I broke 1/4" off the end of a brand new 5/16" Kennametal solid carbide drill, my own fault, too. That cost me at least £16 and it would take a month of sundays to regrind the end.

Comment

Originally posted by dian View Post
        so how do they drill? i wound be tempted to say masonry.
        Masonry drills do not have sharp cutting edge like that. I've ground a similar cutting edge on good quality mansonry drills and drill out broken hss taps
        Helder Ferreira
        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Yeah they're circuit board drills. I have a whole pile of them also.

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Thats all.. I am ok with all things. Thats because I dont understand everything. JR
            longest book I ever read was mistakes I have made. Never met a Machist that knew everything !
            Last edited by Fasturn; 04-05-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasturn View Post

longest book I ever read was mistake I have made. Never met a Machist that knew everything !
              lol Longest book one.

Been there.. JR
              My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
              X