Speaking of letting go of shops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of letting go of shops...

I've come to the conclusion that floor space is king. No good having machines if you're not happy with the limited space.
    I'm going to get rid of the 10ee, Bridgeport, surface grinder, and gantry crane. Will keep the Taig CNC mill, and PM1236T.
    Why get rid of the 10ee over the 1236T? Because the other way around would be a money losing proposition. Yes, I know which lathe is better, don't really care.
    I need to move all of my hobbies into the garage, things that don't get used get sold. I also can't wait for the next bear market so I can quadruple my mining farm, move into ASIC's and mine BTC directly.
    None of this even feels like a sacrifice, actually feels liberating and exciting. I'll probably shrink my R/C airplane hobby as well. In fact I've lost interest in most things that don't make money.
    My wife wants her parents to move in, happy wife, happy life.

I’m completely ignorant of the Bitcoin thing but whatever makes you happy is good, you only get one ride in this amusement park (unless the budists are right)
    so you may as well enjoy it, clearing a workshop is easy these days, just forget the alarm system on a long weekend, hell they might even sweep up
    mark

Comment

gained inlaws, lost a 10ee and given up on anything that doesn't make money.....and you're commenting what makes for a happy life?
      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

it's just stuff, you can always buy more of it if you find you need it in the future.

Comment

Heretic......

I’d like to downsize by one or two machines myself. Problem is logical first choice weighs 23k lbs. and has zero value to anybody but a scrapyard.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
            In fact I've lost interest in most things that don't make money.
            that's amazing --- me and you are polar opposite as I just build and create what interests me and drives me and what I like and money has zero to do with it
            Never really looked at you as a guy with a halo around his head but now you've reached sainthood !

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
              In fact I've lost interest in most things that don't make money.
              I trust they'll be paying dearly for room and board.
              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Somebody seem to have got it bad. I'm not sure if the need is for an intervention, or an exorcism.

CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

My wife wants her parents to move in
                  Into the SHOP?!!
                  "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post

Into the SHOP?!!
                    No. My office. I need to move my office stuff into the garage, if it's something the inlaws even want to do. I've not been happy ever since I lost floor space to the 10EE

Comment

Dibs on the surface grinder!!!

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                        Dibs on the surface grinder!!!

Sid
                        It aint going to be free this time

Comment

Understood!!

Comment

I buy things that I need, not just to have it. True, having tools around for when you need them is good. Buying tools / machines to fill up empty space can be a sickness. I have some of that !! Working on it ?

Comment

Oh RB... You got it rough Mr..

Naw, love that you love to take care of our older generation.. You should.

I have been dumping (selling) stuff and shedding also. Its a good feeling.

So when the In Laws come in you hop on a windowless 747? JR

Comment

Working...
                              X