No announcement yet.

How To Remove Drawers from Cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that is for sure not a keeper, but now it is.

People continue to think that rigid foam is some sort of protection. We learned long ago at a prior employer, that it is utterly worthless.

Of course, when someone drops another pallet on top of a pallet with a piece like that thin sheet metal file cabinet on top, no amount of packaging is going to help particularly.
    4357 2773 5647 3671 3645 0087 1276

CNC machines only go through the motions

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Box beat to crap and you still accepted it? Are they compensating you for all the damage?

Even if undented, it looks worse than anything you might find a: Goodwill or Salvation Army store, tag or estate sale.
      Not getting out much these days?

Reggie, here's what Paul actually said:

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
      When the cabinet arrived, the box was partially crushed and the thin gauge, sheet metal (steel) cabinet was damaged on the rear corner and the bottom drawer's bottom was bent upwards. So Amazon replaced it and told me that if I did not get any instructions for sending the damaged one back, I could do what I wanted with it. It has been over three weeks and I want to see if I can do some sheet metal work to make it usable in some other location.
      There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Thanks to all for their concern.

First, UPS just dropped it off on my porch and RAN!

Second I did report it to Amazon with photos taken as I opened it.

Third, Amazon did ship another one which is 100%, A-OK. I am using it.

I am just trying to salvage the crunched up one since they did not want it back. The three drawers work just fine so it is only the top, rear corner and the bottom of the bottom drawer. Both of these can be probably be repaired well enough.
        Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I am just trying to salvage the crunched up one since they did not want it back. The three drawers work just fine so it is only the top, rear corner and the bottom of the bottom drawer. Both of these can be probably be repaired well enough.
          Paul, have you considered a fix *without* removing the drawers? EG fabricate a new corner and cut out the old one, tack the new corner on. Repaint if desired.
          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
            Yeah, that is for sure not a keeper, but now it is.

People continue to think that rigid foam is some sort of protection. We learned long ago at a prior employer, that it is utterly worthless.

Of course, when someone drops another pallet on top of a pallet with a piece like that thin sheet metal file cabinet on top, no amount of packaging is going to help particularly.
            It is worthless. Years ago I bought a 7 drawer Kennedy roller cabinet that came packed the same way. 3/4" foam corner protectors. that box was pretty heavy.
            I saw the UPS truck sitting in my driveway and it was a girl trying to unload it from the back of the truck. She slid off the end of the truck and let it drop to the ground. I ran out there to give her a hand and told her I'm sure it's damaged now, sure enough it was. Not quite as bad as your file cabinet, but it was damaged. The next day they picked it up and a few days later I got my replacement, only that one came FedEx.

Not surprised they told you to keep it as it costs them more to take it back file the return and damage claim then it's worth. they leave it up to you to dispose of. Gives you an idea of what their cost and profit margin is on stuff like that.
            Some places are funny about stuff like that. Some want the damaged or defective goods back and some don't.

JL................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post

Not surprised they told you to keep it as it costs them more to take it back file the return and damage claim then it's worth. they leave it up to you to dispose of. Gives you an idea of what their cost and profit margin is on stuff like that.
              Some places are funny about stuff like that. Some want the damaged or defective goods back and some don't.

JL................
              In essentially every case, the seller bought the product from a company in china. In case of an actual defect, they have no recourse, since they bought it on a letter of credit, and the goods were released from the bonded warehouse (intermediary) when the letter of credit was released to the vendor (a contract manufacturer). If the defect was not discovered prior to that, the seller owns it, and has no claim on the manufacturer.

As for UPS, every party to the shipping probably knows the packaging is insufficient, and that UPS will not accept responsibility for that reason. They probably already have a formal letter from UPS telling them that. Nobody wants to pay to re-package the units, so long as the losses are not too high.

And, there is no percentage in the seller paying to ship it back to them, where it will cost more for disposal. Easier to give the purchaser the job of either fixing or trashing it.
              Last edited by J Tiers; 04-03-2021, 12:45 AM. Reason: Spelling, while they may have no "recourse" against the maker, they surely might "recurse", but that isn't the correct spelling even so.
              4357 2773 5647 3671 3645 0087 1276

CNC machines only go through the motions

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Always ship your pillows via UPS, that way they will arrive all pre-pounded and fluffy. I've yet to see anything they can't break, this is why I prefer to use LTL.
                25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
                  Always ship your pillows via UPS, that way they will arrive all pre-pounded and fluffy. I've yet to see anything they can't break, this is why I prefer to use LTL.
                  Ain't that the truth !

JL.................

Comment

Did Paul's cabinet make a brief stop in Suez???

Comment

First, UPS just dropped it off on my porch and RAN!

Second I did report it to Amazon with photos taken as I opened it.

Third, Amazon did ship another one which is 100%, A-OK. I am using it.

Sweet, I am glad the seller made good on the deal.

I think you said they were ball bearing slides? Very nice. I made the mistake of buying a chest that is not. I dont like it. Mainly cause it sits next to an identical chest set that has ball bearings and its night and day. I was trying to save a buck.

Glad you got that whole deal worked out. JR

Comment

Working...
                      X