No announcement yet.

OT-2004 diesel ram power steering pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napa is not some kind of massive cut above --- like other places some stuff yeah maybe and others no sorry iv seen total junk, I stopped dealing with them because Im not going to pay more for the same crap, you have to look at all your parts and make a judgement call, my last straw with Napa was getting a water pump that should have had a pressed on steel impeller or cast iron unit yet it was injection molded plastic that was cracked at the hub from the pressing, total junk and also spun it and it was all wobbly,,, did not put it on - took it back and got my money, i have not been back since ...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
      Napa is not some kind of massive cut above --- like other places some stuff yeah maybe and others no sorry iv seen total junk, I stopped dealing with them because Im not going to pay more for the same crap, you have to look at all your parts and make a judgement call, my last straw with Napa was getting a water pump that should have had a pressed on steel impeller or cast iron unit yet it was injection molded plastic that was cracked at the hub from the pressing, total junk and also spun it and it was all wobbly,,, did not put it on - took it back and got my money, i have not been back since ...
      I find that interesting because my experience was just the opposite. I was getting the Autozone parts and they truly are garbage. Made in china, etc. to very loose specs. So I figured if my mechanic uses Napa, and he's been in business for 4 generations, then it's probably good enough. So I've done OK with them. And yeah, they do cost more.
      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

None of us are immune to the china factor --- we try to stick with name brands we have known and trust only to find that they too have jumped ship and are having their stuff built oversea's gates timing belt/waterpump kit's come to mind - have trusted them for years but am starting to see pump failures before their duration is up and on interference engines where the pump is timing belt driven that's a huge deal,,,

so I actually try to buy Aisin kits on line now,,, mostly all OEM japanese components and have not had a failure yet --- just saying if and when you do have to rely on local stuff why pay napa extra bucks for the same gates kit you can get from checker or car quest or auto zone...

when I think about napa the word "pretentious" comes to mind...

Comment

I went through a bit of PS leakage on my '98. After a few expensive parts, it turned out to be a hose pin holed leak under the steering hose wrap.

Comment

Working...
          X