Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question of etiquette - for the more experienced members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
    You borrow something of hers and return it in the same state she returned your tools...
    Now what am I going to do with a pair of hair straighteners?!

Jonesy You're right, gotta look for the positive!

Comment

You borrow something of hers and return it in the same state she returned your tools...
      Was thinking that same thing till it comes back to bite you;

"honey --- how come this bunt cake tastes like 90wt trans fluid?" --- "oh im sorry dear when you borrowed it I assumed you washed it back out" --- "well dear ---- kinda strange you did not join me in eating a piece of it like you usually do" lol

Comment

My son is the worst. He never puts tools away. Last time I put all the tools he left out on his pillow. I think he got the message.

Comment

Oooh, yeah! And, if she sews, borrow one of her scissors & return it dull. Wait ... maybe not - that could have consequences much worse than you could expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Oooh, yeah! And, if she sews, borrow one of her scissors & return it dull. Wait ... maybe not - that could have consequences much worse than you could expect.
            That idea is probably doomed to fail.
            She uses your screwdriver like a prybar and stir paint with it. Returns it with the tip chipped and coated with paint.
            You use her good sewing shears for cutting steel shim stock. She just buys herself a new more expensive pair.
            Leaving you the old pair to resharpen, which she will refuse to ever use again.

Comment

I'm really lucky. Next anniversary will be 60 years with the same girl. Her father was an excellent cabinet maker, welder, gardener, and hardware store owner. He taught her to appreciate good tools, and how to use them. I tried to do the same with my daughter. She inherited the mechanical ability from both sides of the family and is better at fixing things than my son-in-law. She made up a tool box of his own to keep him from screwing up her tools.
              “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Well, we've heard one side of this. Do you always put the toilet seat down? If you use something in the kitchen, do you wash it and put it back where it belongs? Did you ever use her good vacuum cleaning out the car?

Tools, even the best ones are replaceable. Wives are not easily replaced. Ask yourself which one you would miss more, the tool or the wife and act accordingly.

I miss my wife and wish she was here to borrow my good tools. She died 5 weeks ago tomorrow.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by junkaddict View Post
                  My son is the worst. He never puts tools away. Last time I put all the tools he left out on his pillow. I think he got the message.
                  My kid took his Landcruiser through some mud a number of years ago.He proceeded to wash the mud off in the driveway. Then he didn't clean it up which peeved me. Several days went by and I wheeled his motorcycle next to the mud and shoveled the pile onto the front wheel. When he came home from work he had a sh*t fit but definitely got the message. After that, tools and other things were put back in fear of Mr. prick. Wifey has a screwdriver, pliers and little hammer in a kitchen drawer and admits anything other than that is above her pay grade.

Comment

Im fed, watered, and loved.
                    She can use my tools any way she wants,
                    Beaver County Alberta Canada

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL46 View Post
                      Well, we've heard one side of this. Do you always put the toilet seat down? If you use something in the kitchen, do you wash it and put it back where it belongs? Did you ever use her good vacuum cleaning out the car?

Tools, even the best ones are replaceable. Wives are not easily replaced. Ask yourself which one you would miss more, the tool or the wife and act accordingly.

I miss my wife and wish she was here to borrow my good tools. She died 5 weeks ago tomorrow.

Mike
                      My condolences, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL46 View Post

Wives are not easily replaced.

Mike
                        Wife's are but good wife's are not. A rare bread indeed!

Frankly you should just run like hell, it is a no win situation, sort off like "do these pants make me look fat". No matter what you say your screwed.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                          you could just tell here next time, sorry you had your chance......but I suggest doing job for her or just have a box of harbour freight stuff handy for when she asks
                          Careful here. That could be her ulterior motive. You could end up expanding your "honeydew" list by orders of magnitude.

Comment

my wife used to hang everything on the walls using big 4" long nails. So I hid all the nails and hammers and gave her a small box of nails and a small hammer. She's happy and I have smaller holes to fill in the walls.

To the OP, you're either screwed or your screwed, you get to chose which one

Comment

Never been married but have known plenty in fact was approaching the triple digits just in my late 20's --- have "played house" with a handful over the years and heed my warning --- it's the silent ones you need to be concerned with - they are holding it all in and plotting and planning,,, i'll take the ones who get it out in the open and let you know where their heads at on a daily or weekly basis verses the wrath of letting it all come to a 3 or 4 year head....

Fer cri sakes man Iv had voo-doo dolls made of me from hair taken from my brush and had pins stuck in it and also had my feet held to a flame,,, will never forget the heartburn I suffered that year "for no apparent reason" were back to being friends now - that's how I found out about all this crap....

Comment

None of my suggestions are sharable in a family-friendly forum...

Wait, i got one, keep a set of decoy tools for her to use?

Comment

Working...
                                X