Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Timer, not really OT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Fasttrack View Post
    He had the patience to help me out with a crappy 3-in-1 machine when I was first getting started and didn't know jack.
    and look how the little acorn has grown into a might oak! haha, can't imagine you with 3:1 after seeing the axis tilting collection of heavy iron you've amassed
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

    Comment


    • #17
      I had also forgotten about 1800miner. I wonder how his new shop is coming after his old one got burned in a wildfire.
      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

      THINK HARDER

      BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

      MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

      Comment


      • #18


        Originally posted by bborr01 View Post
        I had also forgotten about 1800miner. I wonder how his new shop is coming after his old one got burned in a wildfire.
        Sad to say, 1-800-miner is long gone... He sent me a few items he didn't need anymore after the fire.

        Comment


        • #19
          Join date 3/25/2002. I had some sort of machining question and 12 hour later I had a drawing as an answer. That was my first encounter with John Stevenson. There are a large number of members that have been helpful as well as entertaining. It has been a great pleasure to correspond with people of different ages and abilities from all over the globe.

          Pete

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gmax137 View Post



            Sad to say, 1-800-miner is long gone... He sent me a few items he didn't need anymore after the fire.
            Gone as in not on this site anymore or gone as in dead?
            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

            THINK HARDER

            BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

            MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bborr01 View Post

              Gone as in not on this site anymore or gone as in dead?
              he passed away a while ago.
              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

                and look how the little acorn has grown into a might oak! haha, can't imagine you with 3:1 after seeing the axis tilting collection of heavy iron you've amassed
                Ha! I've still got my little Smithy Midas. It's in pieces and I don't use it but I've still got it as a sort of memento. When I bought it, moving ~500 lbs. was a serious endeavor and seemed like a big deal. It was eventually the folks on this forum and over on PM who convinced me to take a plunge on 2 Pacemakers out in New Mexico. What an adventure that was! Really changed the way I looked at that 3-in-1 machine

                Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                he passed away a while ago
                .
                I'm really sorry to hear that. I thought he was still alive and well, just not posting much since he was rebuilding. He always seemed like a really nice guy, although I didn't have much interaction with him.

                Comment


                • #23
                  A tip of the hat to Jay Hahn (tiptop)who I knew only too briefly when I first got here
                  --
                  Tom C
                  ... nice weather eh?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Astronowanabe View Post
                    A tip of the hat to Jay Hahn (tiptop)who I knew only too briefly when I first got here
                    Ol Jay!! They dont know about him, come on. Hmmm, who would know lol So many names..

                    V.P.!! Peeps.. JR
                    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

                    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X