New Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop

Those who ream chambers know how big a pain it is to be measuring the cutting depth every withdraw of the reamer. The new Micrometer Adjustable Reamer stop will make all that a thing of the past. It uses the reamer as the micrometer pinion and the barrel tendon face as the anvil. Set it .020 short, cut the chamber check it and reset and finish the chamber. It is that easy. This tool is patent pending and will soon be available from PT&G, Nat Lambeth at [email protected] or gunsmith tool dealers.
    Rustystud

see attached
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...amerstop04.jpg

This looks like an ad to me. Perhaps if the picture quality were better or you had plans for making one of theses available for free download, then this thread would meet the agreement you accepted when you joined to not post advertisements. Another acceptable post would be if you were asking for opinions on the usefulness of this tool.

Looks like it could be useful, but any amateur machinist should try making their own in order to save money and learn by doing. Anyone not capable of making their own should not be chambering rifles.

A professional should carefully compare possible time savings versus cost of buying. Quantity of chambering jobs done per year versus time savings would be the determining factor in whether or not to purchase.

Comment

He isn't trying to sell it(I don't think). He thought it was neat and thought he would share with the folks who do gun work, It looks like a good idea, Better if you could Set screw it on to several different reamers via bushings and such,perhaps you can.

Comment

Micrometer Reamer Stop

This is not an advertisement and if it were I for One am very pleased to see it posted. One of the projects on my to do list has been to make a micrometer stop for the tail stock for a similar purpose. Had not thought of applying it this way. I may make it or I may buy it. That decision has nothing to do with my chambering ability.

Comments like

"Looks like it could be useful, but any amateur machinist should try making their own in order to save money and learn by doing. Anyone not capable of making their own should not be chambering rifles."
        don't belong here!
        Byron Boucher
        Burnet, TX

Comment

I thought it did apply. My reasoning is that anyone not capable of making one should not be cutting chambers because of their lack of machining skills. No, chambering is not difficult, but sloppy workmanship in chambering can have deadly results. I realize that many thousands of rifles have been rebarreled by incompetant workmen without hurting anyone, but that does not mean I would be proud of owning them or allowing anyone I know to use them. Some things should be done correctly by someone capable of doing good work. Rifle chambering, auto brakes, and airliner maintenance are such things.

Comment

Working...
          X