Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see three distinct functions here. It might be helpful to consider and even organize things that way.

1) What my mom would have called "how we done it good up our way articles". I.e., projects, some small thing I did today I'd like to show off, etc.

2) Questions & advice. "How do I", "What's the best way to..", etc. StackOverflow.com (for programmers), in it's original form was designed for this - only strictly well formed and previously researched questions allowed, questions and answers voted up or down, with the idea that the best or correct answers would bubble to the top. It mostly worked, for a long while. Maybe it still does. (Some of its offspring in StackExchange.com not so well, for various reasons.)

3) Chit chat about things that may be peripherally related to machining and are assumed on the part of the poster to be of interest to other home shop machinists, i.e. much of the O.T. threads.
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Working...
    X