X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    I have an 8010 I need to replace the pack in, but it uses a D size NiCd, and my usual sources do not have those any more. The pack is limping along with a "C" size now.
    JTiers -
    this is the exact product that was recommended to me when i did mine:
    https://power.tenergy.com/tenergy-d-...eable-battery/
    It worked out great. I made sure to order the type that already has solder tabs.
    Great company BTW.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Not replacing with a vastly different technology. Just the same thing that is in there now, be that NiMH, or NiCd. I was told it is NiCd, in a factory sheet I have somewhere, but.........

I got no issues doing any of the swapping, as soon as I get into the thing and see the pack, which is a triangular assembly, IIRC from the paper that I "have somewhere".

I prefer to use the correct method of accessing, rather than finding out the hard way, but I've done the latter enough not to be afraid of it.

I have an 8010 I need to replace the pack in, but it uses a D size NiCd, and my usual sources do not have those any more. The pack is limping along with a "C" size now.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Just FWIW, I replaced the NiCd batteries in my vintage Fluke 8000A multimeter recently. Saved a ton of money in the process just by doing some Googling for an evening. I have a total of $50 in the meter so far. Reason I chose that one is because you can actually *see* the red LED digits in dark industrial environments. Calibration isn't really needed for anything I'm likely to use it for, although it seems to still be OK in that regard.

For the fussy work, I still have the new Fluke 117, and a fully rebuilt Simpson 260.

Leave a comment:

• eKretz
    replied
    good idea.... Thanks.
    You might want to do a little extra looking for battery pack projects on youtube too. I've seen a few videos where guys replaced the original NIMH (weren't those NIMH, not NiCd?) battery pack in the 196 and 199 with a Li-ion pack. Might be worth doing. The 190-104 I picked up has a Li-ion battery that's good for 7 hours of no-cord use.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    Yes, eevBlog is a good group. I am already a member there but have not posted very much. Mostly just a lurker but that may change.

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

I highly recommend looking at "eevBlog" it's a forum like this one, but for electrical engineers... they have several sections and sub-groups who are devoted entirely to repairing and calibrating test gear. Some do it for money, others as a hobby. They are an *extremely* knowledgeable group, and often have access to the OEM documentation. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    good idea.... Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    I now need to replace the NiCd pack in the Scopemeter. Would like to find a service manual if possible, but can wing it if not available. I'll be doing a search.
    I highly recommend looking at "eevBlog" it's a forum like this one, but for electrical engineers... they have several sections and sub-groups who are devoted entirely to repairing and calibrating test gear. Some do it for money, others as a hobby. They are an *extremely* knowledgeable group, and often have access to the OEM documentation. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    In my case, Craig's List, and estate sales. Shop cost about 10 cents on the dollar, and some work.

I could have bought better, but I just felt that I had to "earn" the shop. With stuff like that, it feels wrong to just buy new... I learned a heck of a lot from doing it my way, stuff that "checkbook work" does not teach.

I now need to replace the NiCd pack in the Scopemeter. Would like to find a service manual if possible, but can wing it if not available. I'll be doing a search.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by eKretz View Post
    Muahahaha. The watching eBay like a hawk finally paid off.
    That's pretty much how I got my entire shop. Took several years tho.
    And the lathe was a hook up from a guy on PM.

Leave a comment:

• eKretz
    replied
    Muahahaha. The watching eBay like a hawk finally paid off. Got my isolated handheld.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210710_111808.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	1950741 ‚Äč

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by dhansen View Post

I have 2 Tektronix 465s that I would sell for $200 plus shipping. I know that one is working but needs some knobs that you could rob from the other one. Not sure about the condition of the second one. I would have to have your advice on the shipping method and packaging so that they would not become damaged.
    That's actually a screaming good deal -- bummer I can't do anything about it at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    I may have considered that if I had known before. But, as I said, on and around my electronic benches, space is at a premium. So the compact size of the present day DSOs is a very definite plus.

Those missing knobs are likely still available from Tektronix as well as other sources.

Originally posted by dhansen View Post

I have 2 Tektronix 465s that I would sell for $200 plus shipping. I know that one is working but needs some knobs that you could rob from the other one. Not sure about the condition of the second one. I would have to have your advice on the shipping method and packaging so that they would not become damaged.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    As far as I know, it is not discontinued. I bought it on Amazon. My Amazon card gives me 5% back and they had the fastest, free delivery.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Hantek+DS...f=nb_sb_noss_2

I also found it on Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Hantek%20DSO2D15

And on the Hantek site. They title the page as the DSO2000 Series.

http://hantek.com/products/detail/17182

The model number starts with DSO, three LETTERS. Not DS0, two letters and one number. Perhaps that explains your failure to find it. I am also anal about using capitals when they are called for. I never searched for "dso2d15". But that usually is not a distinction made by any web advertiser.

Originally posted by dian View Post

i tried to find the hankek dso2d10/15 on the two sites and its not there. i wonder how come and where you got it. is it discontinued?

Leave a comment:

• dhansen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    I know it is a bit off the normal here, but I am at a point where I must purchase a new oscilloscope and I would like any comments from others who have bought one recently. I don't need the basics as I have used scopes for over 50 years. What I want is the practical stuff on the current range of low end, but not too low, scopes. My budget is $250 to $500 and I want one that is self contained, not a module that attaches to a laptop. I already have one of that sort and it is OK for some things but I need something more convenient. For basic specs, a two channel will be enough for my needs and 100 Mhz seems to be a reasonable bandwidth to find. Some have a built-in waveform generator and that would be a welcomed plus.

I know all about the name brands; Tektronix, HP, and others. They simply are out of my budget so spare me those arguments. What I want and need is some sound advise on the lesser, but still somewhat known brands. I have been looking at Siglent, Rigol, Hantek, and similar models. A couple of models that appear interesting are the Rigol DS1202Z-E and the Hantek DSO2D15. Also the Agilent DSO3152A is a possibility, but it seems to lack many of the features of the other two. Siglent has some nice models, but they always seem to be a bit higher in price.

Any comments about these or other models that I should consider would be appreciated, especially from those who have one.

Leave a comment:

• dian
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    Not sure as to which "that" you are referring to.

My purchase? Ha,ha!

The wait time? Just a joke on my part. I can hardly wait for it to arrive. Promised delivery date is next Thursday.

The included arbitrary waveform generator? It is on their site.

???

i tried to find the hankek dso2d10/15 on the two sites and its not there. i wonder how come and where you got it. is it discontinued?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X