Broken thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken thread?

I'm trying to view the thread about a 15HP RPC started by The Metal Butcher today and it appears to be "broken". All I can view are two posts numbered 16 and 17. Anybody else having problems? All the other threads and the rest of this site seem to be performing normally.

Eve n worse for me, just one big gray space, no title, and a bit at the bottom.

It is seriously AFU
    CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Agree. Last post by Lakeside does not appear. Paul A's post seems to have killed it.
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Yes. I got it to load for me once and I made a reply. Now it is broken. Until Paul's post is edited or deleted, I doubt anyone can post. I doubt Paul can even edit it. I can't click any of the buttons on his post.
        21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
        1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

works for me if I go directly to page 2, and I saw MB's last post prior to my 2 .

Comment

Yes, I was posting there and something went very wrong. I tried to flag it and also sent a message to the moderator right after it happened.

I can not open my thread to edit it. I will try again, but I don't think I will be able to correct it.

George! Oh George! Help please!

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
            Agree. Last post by Lakeside does not appear. Paul A's post seems to have killed it.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I tried to get in to edit that post, but could not. I guess it is in George's hands.

My apologies to all for this.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I clicked on the last post (page 2) and the page opened. From there I clicked on page 1 and it opened as well. Simply clicking the first page first did NOT work, so there's something wonky with the database. To me it looks visible okay back to front.
                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                  Yes, I was posting there and something went very wrong. I tried to flag it and also sent a message to the moderator right after it happened.

I can not open my thread to edit it. I will try again, but I don't think I will be able to correct it.

George! Oh George! Help please!
                  No worries Paul, it happens. I tried to flag it too but couldn't. I think it is something to do with quotes, when it loads up they are pretty strange... Or the color

Comment

Flagging does not work, adding posts does not work, although after trying to do so, the display became "more normal". I tried it again in case it would become "even more normal", but as I expected, it did not.

Comment

Well at any rate, don't worry about it too much fellas. I won't be doing much on it til I graduate. It will be a slow processes, probably will be finished in June. If it takes a few days for George to fix it, that's fine, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just bouncing ideas and learning right now.

I appreciate all the help though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                        I tried to get in to edit that post, but could not. I guess it is in George's hands.

My apologies to all for this.
                        Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post

No worries Paul, it happens. I tried to flag it too but couldn't. I think it is something to do with quotes, when it loads up they are pretty strange... Or the color
                        And shouting in my best 7 year old's voice: "MOMmmm..........Paulie broke the interrr--nettt !!! ...........

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                          Well at any rate, don't worry about it too much fellas. I won't be doing much on it til I graduate. It will be a slow processes, probably will be finished in June. If it takes a few days for George to fix it, that's fine, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just bouncing ideas and learning right now.

I appreciate all the help though. Thanks!
                          My concern is that it may corrupt the forum database, and mess up more things. Evidently the software did something it ought not to have done.

Comment

Looks to be working now. I am limited in what I can do from this end and had to resort to the BFH approach and delete Paul's thread. Not sure what he did in it but it looks like that was the problem.
                            George
                            Traverse City, MI

Comment

It was the Democrats!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X