Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    George, I am glad you were able to fix it. As to what did it, all I can say is that I attempted to insert some comments inside of a quotation from the #1 post in the thread. I used red characters to have the comments stand out from that quoted text but then I decided to copy the quotation flags that enclosed that original post to show how it was broken by my insertions. I think I may have placed one of those copies in the wrong place, creating either a double start of a quotation or a double end to one. I have successfully done this before, but apparently one must be very careful with these mark-ups.

I see part of my comments were copied by in an answer, but that is all that is left of my post. I will not be trying to duplicate it. I'll just leave well enough alone.

Originally posted by George Bulliss View Post
    Looks to be working now. I am limited in what I can do from this end and had to resort to the BFH approach and delete Paul's thread. Not sure what he did in it but it looks like that was the problem.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    It was probably started by someone who is on the ignore list.... that would do it.

What is odd is that NOBODY is on the ignore list
    Last edited by J Tiers; 04-20-2021, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• George Bulliss
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    There is still a problem of some sort..... there is a thread by AKB shown as the last thread posted to, but it never shows up in the list. Something happened.
    Not sure I follow. Is this a separate thread from the RPC thread? Where is it showing and what list is it that it's not showing on?

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    There is still a problem of some sort..... there is a thread by AKB shown as the last thread posted to, but it never shows up in the list. Something happened.

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    It was the Democrats!

Leave a comment:

• George Bulliss
    replied
    Looks to be working now. I am limited in what I can do from this end and had to resort to the BFH approach and delete Paul's thread. Not sure what he did in it but it looks like that was the problem.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
    Well at any rate, don't worry about it too much fellas. I won't be doing much on it til I graduate. It will be a slow processes, probably will be finished in June. If it takes a few days for George to fix it, that's fine, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just bouncing ideas and learning right now.

I appreciate all the help though. Thanks!
    My concern is that it may corrupt the forum database, and mess up more things. Evidently the software did something it ought not to have done.

Leave a comment:

• tom_d
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    I tried to get in to edit that post, but could not. I guess it is in George's hands.

My apologies to all for this.
    Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post

No worries Paul, it happens. I tried to flag it too but couldn't. I think it is something to do with quotes, when it loads up they are pretty strange... Or the color
    And shouting in my best 7 year old's voice: "MOMmmm..........Paulie broke the interrr--nettt !!! ...........

Leave a comment:

• The Metal Butcher
    replied
    Well at any rate, don't worry about it too much fellas. I won't be doing much on it til I graduate. It will be a slow processes, probably will be finished in June. If it takes a few days for George to fix it, that's fine, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just bouncing ideas and learning right now.

I appreciate all the help though. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Flagging does not work, adding posts does not work, although after trying to do so, the display became "more normal". I tried it again in case it would become "even more normal", but as I expected, it did not.

Leave a comment:

• The Metal Butcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    Yes, I was posting there and something went very wrong. I tried to flag it and also sent a message to the moderator right after it happened.

I can not open my thread to edit it. I will try again, but I don't think I will be able to correct it.

George! Oh George! Help please!
    No worries Paul, it happens. I tried to flag it too but couldn't. I think it is something to do with quotes, when it loads up they are pretty strange... Or the color

Leave a comment:

• TGTool
    replied
    I clicked on the last post (page 2) and the page opened. From there I clicked on page 1 and it opened as well. Simply clicking the first page first did NOT work, so there's something wonky with the database. To me it looks visible okay back to front.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    I tried to get in to edit that post, but could not. I guess it is in George's hands.

My apologies to all for this.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    Yes, I was posting there and something went very wrong. I tried to flag it and also sent a message to the moderator right after it happened.

I can not open my thread to edit it. I will try again, but I don't think I will be able to correct it.

George! Oh George! Help please!

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
    Agree. Last post by Lakeside does not appear. Paul A's post seems to have killed it.

Leave a comment:

• lakeside53
    replied
    works for me if I go directly to page 2, and I saw MB's last post prior to my 2 .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X