I retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I retired

And quite frankly I hope I never have to see that place again. I actually retired in Jan., but they couldn't find anybody to replace me. So I said I'll come in for half again more money. They bought it. They still can't find anybody, and no I won't give out their info. They're ****s. I wouldn't recommend them to my enemies.
    So now time for my projects.
    Anybody here program 'Click' PLCs?

is it the same as the 05, 105, 205 Koyos?

-D
    DZER

Comment

Welcome to the world of endless Saturdays.

Comment

Congrats on retirement, I did it in 1999 and never looked back.

THANX RICH
        People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

Stay active. Too many people do not, and there is a high percentage of deaths within 5 to 7 years of retirement.
          CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

It's not all it's cracked up to be.... You're now at work 16 hours a day with only time off being when you sleep. You no longer get weekends off or stat holidays. And at least in my case where I'm on my own frankly the boss can be a real jerk at times.... If you're married and have a shred of self preservation though the boss is ALWAYS lovely....

The best part though is that I can have ice cream for desert 7 days a week....
            Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

The day I take off I'm self unemployeed....and don't get me started on stat holidays like Christmas, a fine excuse to pick a mans pocket everything 25th of Dec!

congrats on the retirement
              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

I retired 20 years and 22 days ago. It was weird to wake up the next morning at 7AM and think "ummm, do I just go back to sleep or what?".

Got over that issue in a couple of days. Still, I was always up and ready for breakfast at 8. In the shop by 9. Because I had things to do.

And I rode my SV650 a lot. Covered most of the twisty roads in northern California, some of them many times. After a while I became friends with other riders, all of them younger, and rode with them on many one-day to three-day rides.

After ten years of fun my back informed me that my riding days were over. That happens when you turn 70. It was a very good decade.

Now I'm a keyboard rider and machinist (can't stand in front of the lathe for very long) but no complaints.

Enjoy your retirement!

-js
                There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

I've been retired three years now. I'm still wondering how I'm going to get done everything I want to. The key really is to keep going- just do stuff for you now, friends, family. Keep interested.
                  I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

In June I will have a special milestone: I will have been retired for as long as I worked - 29 years.

Comment

Rustybolt, congratulations on making it to retirement! Many don't.

I'll have retired 12 years ago come this June first. Surprisingly, for quite awhile it felt weird not working for a living but I got over it!

Comment

Congrats on your retirement,I’m a few years away from retiring downsized our Farm Operation by half last year.Less work&stress

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          Welcome to the world of endless Saturdays.
                          Lol I like that -- good attitude...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
                            In June I will have a special milestone: I will have been retired for as long as I worked - 29 years.
                            It's strange - iv always kept a balance with it too --- iv been semi retired all of my life,,, seriously never busted a hump at a steady rate mostly just worked two to three days a week, and don't see any end in sight because I like it like that,

I have however put out more horsepower per cubic inch than anyone iv ever met (except for the pro's) just had nothing do do with making money and all about being the fastest guy up the hill on my bike - or strongest at lifting weights per pound of body mass, Im still competitive on a mt bike at over 6 decades now,,, I do not ever see myself going into "retirement shock" lol always will have stuff going on no matter what... till of course I stop kickin...

Comment

Yes, Yes, YES!

My wife keeps complaining about all the stuff I have in the garage. I tell her it is my EMS (elderly medical system). It really is. And worth every penny.

I think it is just about 10 years now and my fears about money have vanished. Somehow it all works out even though my income is only about half of what it was. I guess I was spending a lot to support my work habit.

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                              Stay active. Too many people do not, and there is a high percentage of deaths within 5 to 7 years of retirement.
                              Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 04-24-2021, 12:02 AM.
                              Paul A.
                              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X