Fantastic Lathe Restoration Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Lathe Restoration Series

I'm not sure what it is about this German fellow, but I absolutely enjoy his production value and entertainment. He is currently taking a Schaublin 125 CNC and converting it to modern controls. But for those not CNC-inclinded, there is plenty of good stuff on the mechanical side of things.

21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

That's a New Zealand accent, so either he's a Kiwi or he's been taught English by one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burch View Post
      That's a New Zealand accent, so either he's a Kiwi or he's been taught English by one.
      Did he say "EH" even once? I think he is a Mainlander but north of the Waitaki.

I don't think his workshop is in NZ but more than that I cant guess as I couldn't even see one wall socket.

Comment

Since he's looking at a Swiss website and has a Schaublin and a Maho he's likely in Switzerland, Austria or Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post

Did he say "EH" even once? I think he is a Mainlander but north of the Waitaki.

I don't think his workshop is in NZ but more than that I cant guess as I couldn't even see one wall socket.
          I'm subscribed to his channel. I know he's a Kiwi, but don't think he is in NZ. He had that lathe "shipped in from Europe", if he is in NZ, I would hate to know what the shipping cost him
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned where I thought he was from lol. Truth is, I'm not sure, but I thought he was German from various comments and tidbits. Perhaps not haha.
            21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
            1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

He probably works for Lauder airlines (Austria).

Comment

Definitely heard a Kiwi accent but the transport company is Austrian.

Comment

Working...
                X