Variable Speed on lathe lead screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

I have been buying AND SELLING machines for years.
    Upgrading to better machines and making money selling
    the ones I grew out of. So............Yes go out and spend
    $5000 on a new machine. And sell the old one, make
    some money back and UPGRADE.

--Doozer
    For most of us on the HOME WORKSHOP FORUM.moving machines in and out of our garage or basement is a big deal..I have a 1440 lathe .a 16 inch doall and a large rockwell drill press,a welder and a parts washer crammed in my 2 car garage.They are all highly modified and tooled up. . I still have room to work on my car when needed.Someone would have to GIVE me a better lathe ,before I would change things around. Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

I have been buying AND SELLING machines for years.
      Upgrading to better machines and making money selling
      the ones I grew out of. So............Yes go out and spend
      $5000 on a new machine. And sell the old one, make
      some money back and UPGRADE.

--Doozer
      So have I. And I made money on what I sold. In nearly every case, the machine was better than when I bought it. (Some were not worth the effort)

However, certainly not enough to pay for the new machines. I just did not want to deal with the old ones anymore, so I got a better, and then got rid of the old ones.

It's a lot easier if you live in an area with lots of potential customers. If you live down at the end of the gravel road 50 miles from the nearest town of any size, it is not such an easy thing. And many prefer not to mess with it, since moving machines is not that easy.

Saw your video about moving one large machine.... while I would go to that sort of trouble to get what I want, many would not, and modifying the machine to do what is wanted makes a lot of sense for them. Actually for anyone, but opinions vary.
      2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Working...
      X