Who else makes these degree indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else makes these degree indicators

Was curious if anyone knows who else makes these Dial Degree style indicators this Reglus is a 2”. Click image for larger version

Name:	21402A5F-9481-4EBC-A168-2A5498BD4838.png
Views:	638
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1940675

Looks like a passive instrument with the needle held upright just by it's own weight on the round portion. I would think that one of those cheap and even inaccurate digital clinometers will be 10 times more accurate than this
    Helder Ferreira
    Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
      Looks like a passive instrument with the needle held upright just by it's own weight on the round portion. I would think that one of those cheap and even inaccurate digital clinometers will be 10 times more accurate than this

Not sure they would be a lot different,if the info I’ve read on the Reglus Qaulity is accurate.This Swiss company was always noted for being on the high end quality wise,I thought maybe Mitutoyo or Starret may have made similar in pre digital era.

Comment

It'd be a pretty neat thing to mount to an angle plate. Save some sine bar setup time for when it just gotta be good enough.

Comment

It is only intended to resolve 1 degree steps, for many jobs that would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
            Maybe, but you have to stay within their 90 degree range.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
              Was curious if anyone knows who else makes these Dial Degree style indicators this Reglus is a 2”.
              Pretty simple thing. Just a weighted dial pointer. Maybe a good do-it-yourself project. McMaster-Carr makes printed degree protractor dials:

https://www.mcmaster.com/dials/adhes...tractor-dials/

Or print your own dial if you need an odd size or configuration:

https://www.blocklayer.com/protractor-printeng.aspx

Are you looking for the degree indicator, or are you looking for someone who makes something similar to the Reglus Universal Drilling Jig that utilizes that dial?
              Last edited by tom_d; 04-29-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I've got a plastic one like that, with an integral 90* corner and vee block. Pretty handy for fab work sometimes. Didn't know there were "precision" ones like that. Pretty neat. Not sure I'd have much use for one (my cheapy plastic one works great for my needs) , but could see it being handy once in a while on large fab layouts and such with a mag base.

Comment

Look for an old hilger watts clinometer on eBay, accurate to seconds, big tungsten pendulum inside
                  mark

Comment

Originally posted by tom_d View Post

That is seriously cool. There is lots of other useful stuff there too - bookmarked!
                    Thanks for posting.

Comment

I have one, also comes with a magnetic base... Very well made

Comment

Originally posted by tom_d View Post

I'll echo what someone else has said. That's an amazing piece of software - it must have taken a serious amount of work. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post

That is seriously cool. There is lots of other useful stuff there too - bookmarked!
                          Thanks for posting.
                          Originally posted by IanPendle View Post

I'll echo what someone else has said. That's an amazing piece of software - it must have taken a serious amount of work. Thanks for posting.
                          Yeah, that software is amazing. Full Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with anything on that site. No way I've got the smarts to put together that kind of program. 😜 Just trying to be helpful by passing along the information. Gotta be careful with it though, or you can burn up half the night just exploring the features!

Comment

Originally posted by buffdan View Post
                            I have one, also comes with a magnetic base... Very well made
                            Mine came with a Drill Jig Setup,it’s a amazing tool! Click image for larger version

Name:	B182882C-A3C4-4AFD-933C-450267AAEADC.png
Views:	263
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	1940815 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DEDB32E-D159-4BD7-B8BE-9A1AF40D8748.png
Views:	267
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1940814

Comment

Suunto (Finnish) makes an inclinometer with a dial face and an eye view port. (PM 5/360 PC)

Comment

Working...
                              X