Cobbling together a carbide grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobbling together a carbide grinder

Not really any plans, just what I had and some image googling for a rough idea of what to aim for.

A small single phase motor, put a switch on it and welded a mount for it. Then I made a grinder rest. It's not finished yet. I am not happy with the table design, thinking of adding another swivel link and getting it right under the table. The existing links will also be redone with a square nut that fits into the slot on the other side, so I only need to use the levers on one side.

I want to be able to set the table to 25-30 degree angle against the diamond plate for when I sharpen a scraper for steel scraping.

(I don't own a single counter sink bit!)

I have two sets of CS bits plus a number of others not in sets. But I don't know if any of them would have worked at the bottom of that slot so a regular drill bit sharpened at the right angle may have been the only way to do that.

Looks like a nice job but at least one rattle can of paint is called for.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Or sand blasting, or cold blue

Comment

And a wheel guard.
        'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Comment

i like to use these diamond discs in a percussion drill. the spring action helps keeeping a steady pressure and does away with runout. as to the table, i like it to keep fixed positions, either by using angled pieces of wood or fixed spacers on an adjustable table. i find this essential for regrinding tools.

Comment

Working...
          X