Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dian
    replied
    i like to use these diamond discs in a percussion drill. the spring action helps keeeping a steady pressure and does away with runout. as to the table, i like it to keep fixed positions, either by using angled pieces of wood or fixed spacers on an adjustable table. i find this essential for regrinding tools.

Leave a comment:

• Richard P Wilson
    replied
    And a wheel guard.

Leave a comment:

• DennisCA
    replied
    Or sand blasting, or cold blue

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    I have two sets of CS bits plus a number of others not in sets. But I don't know if any of them would have worked at the bottom of that slot so a regular drill bit sharpened at the right angle may have been the only way to do that.

Looks like a nice job but at least one rattle can of paint is called for.

Leave a comment:

• DennisCA
    started a topic Cobbling together a carbide grinder

Cobbling together a carbide grinder

Not really any plans, just what I had and some image googling for a rough idea of what to aim for.

A small single phase motor, put a switch on it and welded a mount for it. Then I made a grinder rest. It's not finished yet. I am not happy with the table design, thinking of adding another swivel link and getting it right under the table. The existing links will also be redone with a square nut that fits into the slot on the other side, so I only need to use the levers on one side.

I want to be able to set the table to 25-30 degree angle against the diamond plate for when I sharpen a scraper for steel scraping.

(I don't own a single counter sink bit!)

Working...
X