No announcement yet.

Project: Building the MLA-18 Filing Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: Things are gonna slow down some from here on out, folks. Having a minor preparatory procedure tomorrow AM, and then a major surgery on Friday. Outpatient deal, that will last 4 or 5 hrs, will be spending the weekend elsewhere. I'll probably be reading the forum but won't be at my computer or my shop for a couple days.
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

EDIT it'll probably be next week before I do much with this project again. It's not my first round of surgery, unfortunately. I'm hoping that things are almost done, there is a quarter million $$ in my skull now. Maybe in 4,000 yrs some archaeologist will find it and think we had some weird religion.

Comment

Best wishes and hang in there!

Comment

Wow over 2,000 views! I wonder who's doing all the viewing? But so few comments...
          It's a me. Sorry. I've been following but not taken the time to examine closely enough to have a totally coherent idea of what is going on. But I must say I'm very impressed with your setups and determination to get everything done with a 9" SB!

Good luck on you surgery, I hope it all goes smoothly.
          21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
          1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Sorry I’ve been watching thread but not commenting,Good Luck with your surgery!

Comment

Counting down, about 6 more hrs to go... no eating, only water until midnite

Comment

Good thoughts coming your way! Stay positive!
                I cut it off twice; it's still too short
                Oregon, USA

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

The proprietor is Andy Lofquist, and he is good to deal with -- very straightforward, honest, and helpful. I also ordered his kit for the boring and facing head, http://mlatoolbox.com/MLA-7.html.
                  I looked at his website and saw something that might have been adaptable to my lathe... So I sent Andy an email containing a drawing with the dimensions of the mating part on my lathe and asked if his casting could be adapted. He sent a snail-mail with a paper cross sectional drawing of the casting as received, with dimensions. Unfortunately I can't adapt his part to my lathe.

I was impressed that he went out of his way to send me a paper cross sectional drawing so I could make the decision myself. Customer service like that is more and more rare. So, I'll give him a shout out to say "thanks".

Comment

Working...
                  X