Off topic what is you tubes end game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic what is you tubes end game?

This is not a complaint post.I have been making you tube videos for years. I dont make any money from them and I dont think you tube does either...I know that you can monetize your you tube channel and make money and so does you tube.. So how long can you tube keep freeloaders like me in the system? Edwin Dirnbeck

For ever. You create free content, they make money selling ads targeted to the right viewers. The storage cost of your videos is virtually zero.

Comment

Youtube makes money off your content even if you don't or can't.

https://mashable.com/article/youtube...ideos-changes/

It's allowed by their "we'll do whatever we want with your content" clause in their user license agreement.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Kind of amusing that the link above takes you to s site that immediately whacks up a big 'agree to our cookies' splash ...... part of their monetisation of your curiosity.

Comment

They sell ads on the page showing your video

more, they track who watched your video, know that the video is about machining, and then push machining ads on those people when they are at some other web site - ever wonder why you see ads for machining stuff when you look at a newspaper web site?

Comment

Are there ads that appear on the yt page that holds your videos?

Comment

Youtube has changed their policy. They will stuff ads into any and all videos now, monetized or not.
              21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
              1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

I use one of the YouTube ad blockers with Firefox and NEVER see an ad. Guess they are not making money off of me....
                Last edited by polaraligned; 05-13-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                  Youtube has changed their policy. They will stuff ads into any and all videos now, monetized or not.
                  Thanks ,I did not know that. Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                    It's gotten to the point where there needs to be a dedicated channel just for ads. Much like cable TV, they just couldn't help themselves....
                    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

The sole purpose of all businesses is to make money for the owners. Period.
                      Maximization of profits is always the number one priority.

There is little complex or hard to understand about it. Anyone who has actually run any sort of a business offers little in the way of debate, and on the large scale, it is all extraordinarily well understood to the most minute detail.
                      Further arguments come only after acknowledging this basic reality, and then parsing specific details and ideologies (profit over time, the many various impacts, policy and benefits, etc.).

Comment

End game? Make money, simple as that

Fact of the matter is as a general rule, YouTube doesnt give a foggy firetruck about you or your channel, because the vast majority of their revenue is going to be made off the top 10%ish of channels anyways. The storage space needed to store the channel of someone who only has a hundred or so videos on it is so negligible on an operation of that scale it may well as not exist. Meanwhile, the ad revenue that they get from the multi-million viewer channels is dwarving the economies of medium-sized countries

How long can YouTube keep up with the freeloaders? At $15 billion in revenue per year and a speculated 20% profit margin, probably forever

Comment

They are not freeloaders, they are (all) free content providers who yield the sole 'product' (frequently offered at great personal effort and expense, and with effectively no cost to the beneficiaries).
                          Some of the free product is highly profitable, the cost of the rest is negligible (and requisite to obtain the former), so it hardly matters.
                          With the free good, comes the free bad - not a problem.

Comment

Google can afford to run it at a loss anyhow, so I think the question is a bit academic.
                            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

It's gotten to the point where there needs to be a dedicated channel just for ads. Much like cable TV, they just couldn't help themselves....
                              I agree but would you watch a channel that had nothing but adds?? I wouldn't, and neither would millions of other people. In fact, I can't stand watching any of those stations that play five minutes of movie and fifteen minutes of BS commercials.

JL...............

Comment

Working...
                              X