What happened to the Ads in HSM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Ads in HSM?

I miss the ads from some of the vendors selling machining bits and pieces that used to be in HSM magazine. There were some good deals from time to time.
    Peter
    Grantham, New Hampshire

Dunno, I don't have any bookstores nearby for the print version. I rely on the website and advertisers online. I notice they had a new guy this week advertising tooling and clamping kits, I hope I remembered to bookmark it.
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Seems as if they are still there. Depends who you mean, maybe.

Louis Dejoy has been reading mine before I get them, and he seems to read slowly. I'm at least one behind now.
      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        Seems as if they are still there. Depends who you mean, maybe.

Louis Dejoy has been reading mine before I get them, and he seems to read slowly. I'm at least one behind now.
        There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Advertisers: some come and some go. If business goes up, a small company may suspend their ads until they catch up and have the time for more purchases. If business goes down they may not be able to afford the ads. And there is always the question of the efficacy of those ads. It is hard to justify the cost of the ads if they do not work.

I have attempted to sell some items to the (amateur?) machinist group. It is not easy. And if I had purchased ads in a magazine like our sponsor's, I would have had to raise my price which was already the biggest obstacle to my sales. And that raise would not have been just a small percentage. It can be a lose, lose situation. You need ads to sell something and you need those sales to afford the ads. Of course, this is why banks have business loans and also explains the failure rate on those loans.

I have been approached by those who would SELL ads for my products. I always tell them that I would be delighted to pay a percentage for every sale that the ad generated, but not a single penny up front in the hope that sales would follow. The only response I ever get is "crickets". If they have no faith in their ads, why should I? This is one good reason why I use E-Bay. I only get billed AFTER a sale is made.
          Paul A.
          SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
          You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
          X