Hastings Deering OT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hastings Deering OT.

Another vehicle arrived for our aviation museum..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HastingsDeeringAircraftSteps (4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.31 MB ID:	1943533

Extending passenger steps for aircraft. Built by Hastings Deering Of Sydney. Ford 105E engine and fully hydraulic. Shown about half height.

Is that guy's pants on fire?

Comment

Click the photo for higher res. What appears to be a bout of flaming flatulence is in reality a few rolled up orange tie-down straps.

Comment

A fine old relic, and no mistake. Are you going to restore it to "as new"?

Comment

Hi Mike
          It is supposedly complete and was operational until stored so we will be attempting to get it going including the hydraulic systems then there is a bit of panel beating to be done, some tin worm to be excised and minor rust on some of the heavy steel members.

The biggest hurdle may prove to be the debates about what airline we should paint it in but my opinion is that the original owners, TEAL, are the only appropriate choice.

It should be handy for attending to hangar lights etc.

Comment

Comment

There’s a firm just down the road from me, aircraft maintenance and support, they have a spitfire gate guard in the car park, their car park at the back is full of weird looking vehicles, big flat things, stuff with stairs, giant compressor things, I stand by the fence sometimes marvelling at them
              nice stairs
              mark

Comment

We are going to hire it out for pool parties!

Comment

Working...
                X