7" shaper weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" shaper weight

Like the title says anyone know the weight of the largest casting piece for a AMMCO branded Delta shaper. UK site has weight listed as 225 lbs,I am assuming complete without vise.

Thanks

I'd say probaby150 lbs for the main casting. I have not taken mine apart and weighed it. I was able to lift it from the ground to the bench (sans vise) without assistance, and I'm no gym rat.

Comment

When I bought my AMMCO-7 two of use lifted it from the ground to the bed of my Silverado. This would be 2003 so we were a couple of 60 year old shop teachers. I took it all to pieces and cleaned and painted it. I built my shop bridge crane in 2006 so I man-handled the main castings alone.

It has been a handy little machine. It is not quick but it is accurate.

Comment

Gotta love small shapers. Never know when you will need it.

Sarge41

Comment

Make friends with retired firemen. Two of them carried my Atlas shaper, complete with motor and vice, down my basement stairs hardly interrupting their highly political conversation !!! Regards David Powell.

Comment

According to an old AMMCO sales brochure a machine from the factory with a 1/4 hp motor weigh 300 lbs.

Comment

Working...
            X