• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boslab View Post
    ... awaiting scan of bonce, empty I’m guessing
    mark
    Had to google that - bonce: head

Anyway, best of luck getting this behind you, Mark.

Comment

Bonce, conk, nut, noddle, heeed,(if you are Scottish), they all mean the same, google is so useful, like wikipedia.
      Last edited by old mart; 06-04-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Solly, sometimes I forget that slang is very colloquial, however I’m awaiting the pleasure of the local hospital for a MRI I think, don’t feel unwell though a bit of vertigo like thing, not bad, just noticeable so I think I’ve got off reasonably well, it is scary when you can’t speak but hear everything, ( it wasn’t a roofy aka date Fondle drug in my tea, my tea just naturally tastes bad, it’s a skill) however after talking to cardiologist there may be a stent failing, apparently that’s fixable though not pleasant, I found I have the “ginger gene” off my dna test, with this morphine doesn’t work or minimal effect which explains a lot, it was real uncomfortable and I’ve got 12 stents so far as I’ve counted +- 2 but I’ve never had any pulled out and replaced
        mark

Comment

Boslab, when I started taking a Simvastatin my trips to the hospital to get a stent dropped to zero. Stents get plugged and can make things worse. A long time heart patient speaking, and its in my Genes, both sides of the family.
          Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Comment

I’m on statins, saying that 12 years or more have passed since the last set of stents, think some maintenance is going to happen, the neck ones or needs doing I’ve been told, don’t understand as the technician said clear one side light the other when it’s 50% clogged, probably a stock answer to get people out of the exam room quickly, we shall see shortly, or not as case may be
            mark

Comment

In May of 2015 I noticed I was having tunnel vision and could not see the entire computer screen at once. I would have to actually scan around the monitor. I have a family of medical folks and immediately told my RN wife what I was experiencing. We called my brother-in-law doctor, who then called his neighbor, an ophthalmologist. The BIL called back to tell me that his neighbor suspected a stroke and that I should take 5 baby aspirins and head to the ER. When the BIL called, I was no longer able to come up with words to carry on a conversation. Off to the ER! On the way down, I could program the GPS unit in the car, but couldn't hold up my end of a conversation. Simple words and phrases were okay - yes & no, etc. All sorts of immediate scans were performed along with blood-work. After about an hour, things got a lot better and speech started to come back. They said I had Broca's aphasia, probably from a TIA. More tests and nothing conclusive. The doctor released me and told me to take a baby aspirin every day. I still have difficulty with proper nouns: cities, names of people, song titles, etc. I sometimes find myself at a loss for the word that I want to use and will then come out with something similar, but stated in an odd way. Fortunately, I have not had another episode and one new doctor said I made not have had a TIA at all. He said there is a new criteria for diagnosing a TIA - I have no idea what it is. I have had at least 3 full cardiac workups over the last 10 years and none has ever shown a cardiac problem. I guess we all have problems with aging. I'll be 70 tomorrow and I have already lived longer than most of my family. My dad did manage to make it to 79 though, so here's hoping.
              JHC Dayton, OH

Comment

Brocas alphasia sounds ominous (this bloody iPad kept changing that to barracks alpha is, go figure) I take an absolute bucket of pills including aspirin, plavix, statin, bisoperol, etc etc plus gtn aka solohadin monohydrate, given all that anticoagulant gunk I was surprised as hell a clot managed to get started, the AF is the probable cause, somthing many have, it seems this is the root cause, lots of people get a small clot, blocks the feed line to the sinus thingy aka distributor of the heart, messes up the heart rate, that causes dead and back flow causes another clot the zips up to the brain and bingo a stroke, the smoking gun melts away, we are so complex it constantly surprises me how long we last,
                mark

Comment

Working...
                X