A mini weed whacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post

That used to be why farmers had a dozen kids....

Nice tool Bob, nicely built and it works great for the job it was intended for. Many years ago I made a special tap for the nose of a dremel as I had to make a special fixture mounted on the nose for trimming some parts. I anticipated making many more special fixtures, but still haven't used that tap again since lol. Guess that's the way it goes.
    Mostly they had so many kids because the old man wouldn't keep his tool to himself when the old lady was fertile...if they even knew about monthly fertility cycles in the first place. Most kids I knew of in one family was 18 when I was still a preteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post

Mostly they had so many kids because the old man wouldn't keep his tool to himself when the old lady was fertile...if they even knew about monthly fertility cycles in the first place. Most kids I knew of in one family was 18 when I was still a preteen.
      That's not a family, that's a factory........

That used to be practical, because you'd only get about 5 out of 10 to reach adult, and then one or two adult children would be killed by something early. Bad horse, childbirth, diseases, whatever. So 30% to 50% survival rate.

Better than wood ducks, I understand that's about 1 or 2 out of 10.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Arcane, out of curiosity, were you a smoker? Someone once told me mostly smokers died from asbestos as it damaged the small hairs in their air tract that filter out things like fibres.

Comment

Originally posted by ikdor View Post
          Arcane, out of curiosity, were you a smoker? Someone once told me mostly smokers died from asbestos as it damaged the small hairs in their air tract that filter out things like fibres.
          No, except for a few month immediately after I came out of the Yukon and most of that smoking was grass with very little tobacco.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
            You mean people should only hate Monsanto for the GMOs, the Frankin' food?
            Shouldnt even hate them for that. You ever eaten a purple carrot?

Comment

Working...
            X