Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Tiers
    replied
    That is a "reasonable" horizontal mill. Not great, but "reasonable". My father-in-law had one.

It has relatively limited cutter diameter, I'm not sure (it was a while back) you can put a 4" cutter on it. If one WILL fit, it's right at the limit. If not, that is fairly limiting as far as depth of cut, I've often wanted more than that on my non-Atlas mill.

It has ONE t-slot. (My horizontal has ONE also, and it is a real pain in a lot of cases) The other two things are grooves, that to me just limit the table's flat size. The coolant channels (or whatever they intended) around the outside are just fluff, and again, I'd rather have the table area.

It's not ALL bad, and it is workable within those limits. Atlas just tried too hard to do everything.

Leave a comment:

• Mcgyver
    replied
    Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
    Best offer on Craigslist?
    A sleazy way of running an auctio
    Yeah this best offer thing is annoying. Whats sleazy about it, or at least quite disingenuous, is there is no closing day/time for best offers. If they said best offers by two weeks Sunday, peace. Some have the gall to insist "serious inquirer only. If you wanted serious buyers why not be a serious seller and put a price on it"

Leave a comment:

• David Powell
    replied
    Run, Do not walk, buy at that or any reasonable price if you have use for a machine of that size, Incidentally, an EMCO milling attachment for the Compact 5 and Compact 8 machines can easily be used as an accessory vertical head, you just need to buy a piece of 1 1/2 cold rolled and turn the end down to match the Emco column. Regards David Powell.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Carlstedt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
    BTW - what is this accessory:

Click image for larger version

Name:	00r0r_1CZJgQiLFFcz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1945664
    Its a Atlas Indexing head. It has a MT #2 bore . You mount a change gear on the spindle on the left side. There is supposed to be a Spring Pin assembly bolted on the left side to engage the gear, but it is missing, There should also be a tail stock to go with the head . Just the head and tailstock have sold for $400 recently.
    Rich

Leave a comment:

• reggie_obe
    replied
    Best offer on Craigslist?
    A sleazy way of running an auctions sans auction fees. I've read similar, except it was a Delta metal cutting bandsaw..

Leave a comment:

• Bob Engelhardt
    replied
    BTW - what is this accessory:

Click image for larger version

Name:	00r0r_1CZJgQiLFFcz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1945664

Leave a comment:

• CL - "Atlas horizontal bench mill model MFC - $100 (Plainville, MA)"

WOW - $100!! Except in the fine print: "Best offer takes it!". So probably not $100. The "$100" might just be click bait, or it might show low expectation. Might still be a good deal.

Working...
X