Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just Want a Freaking Power Drawbar...So Sick of Idiots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Want a Freaking Power Drawbar...So Sick of Idiots.

I contacted Penn Tool company asking for a Servo brand power drawbar as they are Servo brand dealers. Penn tool salesman called Servo company twice to get item number of what I need. Salesman was the biggest idiot I ever spoke to, he had no idea what a power drawbar was, couldn't remember what was spoken 30 seconds earlier, but I figured that after calling Servo he got the correct item number. I give him my credit card info last Thursday morning and Friday afternoon I get an email from him stating that he spilled a drink on the info and has no idea what I wanted to order....of course, he has my CC info and the rest of it, but conveniently NO freaking clue what I wanted. If I got back to him and said it was a 9/16" wrench, he would say "Oh, that is what it was".

So this is a screenshot of the available Servo drawbars which I had sent to the salesman.

Anyway, I called Servo myself to verify the item number. The salesman at Servo said that he will send me the forms to fill out with the info needed to get a correct part number- even after I sent him the above screenshot and a picture of my mill head.

So I get 2 sheets from Servo with drawings of drawbars and I need to fill in the blank drawbar dimensions.....I responded to Servo and told the guy that I don't need just the bar, I need the complete setup and I don't know the dimensions that are needed to interface with their air motor, or if they use a hex head or spline.....So Servo gets back to me and tells me to contact their sister company that makes their motors...WTF????? I am blown away with the stupidity out there.

Sounds like you could have made two or three of them with the time you have spent with those idiots.

I would be looking for another brand.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Wow, that *is* pretty stupid. Next thing you know, they'll want you to do their legwork for them.
      That is why I avoid those self-checkout lines like the plague, and I always insist on doing business on paper, where possible.
      Have you tried KBC or MSC ?
      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

So wait ... he spilled a drink into his computer yet still had your credit card info?

Because I can't imagine a rational scenario where the guy is writing this down with a pen and paper.

Comment

So I ended up ordering a power drawbar (made by Maxi Torque) from Annie Lam at ISMG Machinery and Tooling. She was great to work with and gave me multiple options. I told her what happened with Penn Tool and she said that they have had some problems in their dealings with them also. I have right mind to email the guy from Servo and tell him that his great customer service steered me to a competitors product.

Comment

Originally posted by polaraligned View Post
            So I ended up ordering a power drawbar (made by Maxi Torque) from Annie Lam at ISMG Machinery and Tooling. She was great to work with and gave me multiple options. I told her what happened with Penn Tool and she said that they have had some problems in their dealings with them also. I have right mind to email the guy from Servo and tell him that his great customer service steered me to a competitors product.
            Why not? It might save a lot of people from the same aggravation you experienced and there's a distinct possibility management is unaware of the incompetence on the floor if it's not brought to their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post

Why not? It might save a lot of people from the same aggravation you experienced and there's a distinct possibility management is unaware of the incompetence on the floor if it's not brought to their attention.
              Well, if you read my first post, there is 2 separate stories of incompetence. The first one is the salesman at Penn Tool, the second one is the manufacturer of the Servo drawbar who told me to call their sister company that makes the power head for them to find out how their drawbar interfaces with the power head....

Comment

At a certain degree of incompetence, I REFUSE to even let the company know about their screwups. Better they just go out of business as they richly deserve. Some things you cannot fix, and you are better off not even trying.

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Well, if you read my first post, there is 2 separate stories of incompetence. The first one is the salesman at Penn Tool, the second one is the manufacturer of the Servo drawbar who told me to call their sister company that makes the power head for them to find out how their drawbar interfaces with the power head....
                  If??? WTF?

I simply agreed with your own statement "I have right mind to email the guy from Servo and tell him that his great customer service steered me to a competitors product." and gave a reason why I agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

At a certain degree of incompetence, I REFUSE to even let the company know about their screwups. Better they just go out of business as they richly deserve. Some things you cannot fix, and you are better off not even trying.
                    Management may not know if one or a few of their employees has developed a beef with them for whatever reason and is subtly screwing with the employer's bottom line.

Comment

If??? WTF?

I simply agreed with your own statement "I have right mind to email the guy from Servo and tell him that his great customer service steered me to a competitors product." and gave a reason why I agreed.
                      Sheesh. Don't get excited. It sounded like you were speaking of Penn Tool co when you said "incompetence on the floor". I was just clarifying that there were 2 stories of incompetence by 2 different companies tied together by this attempted purchase. I apologize for assuming that you were speaking of the Penn Tool guy, I just see a lot of responses on various threads on this forum where people respond without reading posts completely, and honestly it sounded like Penn Tool when I read it.
                      Last edited by polaraligned; 06-09-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Sheesh. Don't get excited. It sounded like you were speaking of Penn Tool co when you said "incompetence on the floor". I was just clarifying that there were 2 stories of incompetence by 2 different companies tied together by this attempted purchase. I apologize for assuming that you were speaking of the Penn Tool guy, I just see a lot of responses on various threads on this forum where people respond without reading posts completely, and honestly it sounded like Penn Tool when I read it.
                        Since I emboldened the part where you mentioned Servo, there should have been no question about who I was speaking of.

Comment

Not a week goes by my wife, or i have stories like this. This is the new norms we face. Went to the auto parts store for a compressor V belt. Young ladd said he canit help me without the proper make and model of the car [email protected]#$^**( ?? I was ready for this and had a pice of string to go match. I did get my belt but , oh how things have changed.

Comment

Me: I need a wheel bearing seal. Here is the number on the seal.

Them: Um... What year is that?

Me: Its a home made utility trailer. Just look up the number I gave you.

Them: Yeah, but I need the year to put it in the computer.

Me: 1906.

Them: Our computer doesn't go back that far.

Me: Maybe you could just look it up by the seal number.

Last edited by Bob La Londe; 06-09-2021, 09:59 PM.
                            *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

I went to Hardware Store to get Magnetic Keyholder that you hide somewhere on your truck.I explained what I needed to the Gal twice and when we got to Key department she asked me if I needed a key cutšŸ¤¬

Comment

Working...
                              X