Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just Want a Freaking Power Drawbar...So Sick of Idiots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    I went to Hardware Store to get Magnetic Keyholder that you hide somewhere on your truck.I explained what I needed to the Gal twice and when we got to Key department she asked me if I needed a key cut🤬
    This is what drives people to Amazon, or even the Depot. It's usually cheaper and you haven't driven around being disappointed. Before I go to the Depot for something I'm not certain they have, I always check on their website, and then I even know which aisle and bay so I don't have to ask some 'clerk' who has no clue what I'm talking about.

And good luck finding a hide a key big enough for today's ridiculously huge keys. You need one the size of a cigarette pack! They exist but not easy to find.

Comment

I'm surprised that Penn Tool has managed to stay in business as long as they have and remain competitive ??
      Are are they competitive ????

JL....

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

This is what drives people to Amazon, or even the Depot. It's usually cheaper and you haven't driven around being disappointed. Before I go to the Depot for something I'm not certain they have, I always check on their website, and then I even know which aisle and bay so I don't have to ask some 'clerk' who has no clue what I'm talking about.

And good luck finding a hide a key big enough for today's ridiculously huge keys. You need one the size of a cigarette pack! They exist but not easy to find.
        I really the appreciate most of the people I deal with as they know their stuff and want to help you out,but when you come across some that seem to get insulted when you interrupt there Vegetating Time while they should be focusing on work!

I found this key holder at Peavy Mart store water proof and neodymium magnets $14 cdn.My 2018 Chev 3500 HD WT actually uses a key in ignition,not a Fob,so can have a spare hidden.Most newer trucks use a Fob for starting and doors can’t be locked if Fob is within close proximity.I always have a spare key hidden when Snowmobiling in the Mountains as there has been Emergency Situations where some ride down the mountain to get help and keys are with some one still on the Mountain. Click image for larger version

Name:	590FDC22-4266-45B7-9E4E-DE4F08C379CE.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	1946310

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post

Management may not know if one or a few of their employees has developed a beef with them for whatever reason and is subtly screwing with the employer's bottom line.
          They might not, but they should. And they would, if they cared enough to find out what was going on in their own company. Their bad....... If I am disgusted enough, I wash my hands of them.

Why should I care enough to bother?

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

I really the appreciate most of the people I deal with as they know their stuff and want to help you out,but when you come across some that seem to get insulted when you interrupt there Vegetating Time while they should be focusing on work!

I found this key holder at Peavy Mart store water proof and neodymium magnets $14 cdn.My 2018 Chev 3500 HD WT actually uses a key in ignition,not a Fob,so can have a spare hidden.Most newer trucks use a Fob for starting and doors can’t be locked if Fob is within close proximity.I always have a spare key hidden when Snowmobiling in the Mountains as there has been Emergency Situations where some ride down the mountain to get help and keys are with some one still on the Mountain. Click image for larger version

Name:	590FDC22-4266-45B7-9E4E-DE4F08C379CE.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	1946310
            Thankfully my 2010 Odyssey has keys and I have several dumb keys that won't start the car but will open it. So when I'm out kayaking I have one in my PFD and one under the car. One time when my wife needed the van for a carpool, I took her car and and locked up not realizing the key in my life preserver was to the other car! Had to call a "locksmith" and watch him use some air bladders to force open the door enough to coat hanger the door. Highly skilled trade, that.

Comment

[QUOTE]Why should I care enough to bother?/QUOTE]

Is this not the problem with the sales clerks?
              West Sussex UK

Comment

Management may not know if one or a few of their employees has developed a beef with them for whatever reason and is subtly screwing with the employer's bottom line.
                My old job was like that, and it sucked mightily for the rest of us because of a few goons like that. Their only thought was how to screw over the guys in another department *and* management at the same time, while keeping a low enough profile to make it to retirement. I blew the lid off them when I left, in a letter to the CEO.
                25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Fasturn View Post
                  Not a week goes by my wife, or i have stories like this. This is the new norms we face. Went to the auto parts store for a compressor V belt. Young ladd said he canit help me without the proper make and model of the car [email protected]#$^**( ?? I was ready for this and had a pice of string to go match. I did get my belt but , oh how things have changed.
                  My local parts store asked if my jeep wrangler was 2wd or 4wd when I needed a tail light bulb. I almost started crying. Because I am a member of the same species.
                  Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 06-10-2021, 07:58 AM.
                  25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
                    Me: I need a wheel bearing seal. Here is the number on the seal.

Them: Um... What year is that?

Me: Its a home made utility trailer. Just look up the number I gave you.

Them: Yeah, but I need the year to put it in the computer.

Me: 1906.

Them: Our computer doesn't go back that far.

Me: Maybe you could just look it up by the seal number.

Been there done that, 3 parts store in a row, bearing in hand.
                    Ended up at napa, gal at the counter says " looks like you need a wheel bearing " as im walking up. Had the number looked up and bearing found in under 5 min.
                    I start at napa now.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

They might not, but they should. And they would, if they cared enough to find out what was going on in their own company. Their bad....... If I am disgusted enough, I wash my hands of them.

Why should I care enough to bother?
                      How would they know without feedback from their customers? Spy on all their employees?

Comment

How would they know without feedback from their customers? Spy on all their employees?
                        Pay attention, maybe?

Management rule: Don't just delegate, check back after a bit. YOU call that "spying", I don't.

Tell me why I should care.... THEY let their employees mess me over more than once, I simply DON'T care. THEIR problem, not mine, I can go to the competition.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

An Amateur machinist friend of mine noticed an advert for simple cremation only funeral arrangements.
                          He sent an E mail requesting details and costs, within hours he was bombarded with E mails urging him to reconsider committing suicide!!!!!!
                          Have many people given up reading and understanding what others write or say ?
                          Regards David Powell.

Comment

And now, from the other side of the counter- I work for a turf equipment distributor that sells multiple product lines. Some products have deep, online, parts databases with phone support, some you get a drawing on a sheet of paper. Not complaining, that's just reality.

Rant /
                            At least three times a week, a customer will bring in the remnants of a shredded belt, a burned up bearing, a mangled bracket, or a broken bolt and ask "ya got one of these?". Sometimes, I'm not even sure what it was.
                            One hundred percent of the time the customer will not have any information as to what the part fits- make, model, year, serial number- all of which are absolutely necessary to get the correct part (turf equipment is constantly being changed and updated, they are not "all the same").

I'm not sure what the customer expects us to do- spend several years trying to match their part up to one of the over 100,000 parts we sell? We're gonna need a bigger warehouse.

Don't be that guy.
                            Rant\

In most cases we cannot look up seals or bearings by the imprinted number (or belts and O rings by size) because the factory does not give out engineering info.
                            The imprinted number is NOT in the computer.

As far as auto parts look-up goes: the industry standard software tree asks a series of questions (many of which probably have nothing to do with the needed part) to find the right part. That's how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Pay attention, maybe?

Management rule: Don't just delegate, check back after a bit. YOU call that "spying", I don't.

Tell me why I should care.... THEY let their employees mess me over more than once, I simply DON'T care. THEIR problem, not mine, I can go to the competition.
                              If you dont want to be part of the Solution, you can always be oart of the problem...

Comment

Working...
                              X