X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln and Hobart make .030 flux core
    John b. SW Chicago burbs.

Comment

Never had issues welding outside, I wait until it's not windy or I put up a wind break. I might also just get the stick welder, if it's possible to use it.

Comment

You can wait. Construction cannot.

What advantage do you suppose you get from waiting to use the "vastly superior" gas process? Stronger welds? Convenience?

What, in your view, makes the gas process give you the advantage you see?

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
        I think we are agreeing in a round about way. ...........
        More than a :roundabout" way..... The little machines are very limited, but are sold (and bought) as much more universal than they really are. A 300A machine would be nice to have available. I have used one, and it "just worked" for whatever was wanted.

But if you have a machine of at least a 'real" 150 or 180 amp capability, at a reasonable duty cycle, nearly any common task can be dealt with. Short of making I-beams or boilers, of course.

Heck, if the 90A welders had a 100% duty capability, or even 60% to 70%, they could successfully be used for a lot more things. Of course then they would really be a 180 amp /30% duty machine, so it comes to the same thing to a degree.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Nearly all my wire feed welding is done outside and I can't wait for the idea conditions to do the repairs so it is flux core for the thin metal and stick for the heavier welding. The wire feed is rated 20% at max output but I have never had it shut off while welding. I seem to always need to reposition the work of myself and can't just weld continuous. The stick welder is a cheap inverter and again, it has never shut off due to overheating.

Comment

Working...
          X