MT3 Quick Change Collet Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT3 Quick Change Collet Chuck

Hello. I hope everyone is staying well. Anyone know where I may be able to locate a MT3 quick change collet chuck? I'm not looking for one with a regular collet nut that uses a collet wrench as I've seen several of those. I know quick change collet chucks aren't precision but I'm not looking for absolute precision in my application. I've done some searching with no luck. Anyone have a link maybe? Thank you.
    Last edited by lovemesomemachines; 06-08-2021, 05:55 PM.

I'm a little confused. I've never seen a collet that does not need to be tightened using some manner of torque. Granted some very small types use finger pressure. But everything else I've ever seen needed a wrench.

Or are you looking for something where the end mill or other cutter fits into a holder (screw or collet style) which then can be swapped into a carrier without tools? I do recall seeing a thread around here a couple of years ago about that sort of quick change chuck. But as I recall it had a lot of stickout or overhang. And that usually favors chatter. Especially when it's mounted using a smaller sort of holder shank like an MT3.
    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Royal Products has an R8 Quick-Change tool system [https://www.royalproducts.com]. I was hoping I would be able to find one similar in an MT3.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200626_155433.jpg Views:	0 Size:	459.4 KB ID:	1946099 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200626_134137.jpg Views:	0 Size:	735.4 KB ID:	1946100 Look at KBC they should have..
        next question, wish ti change while rotating or not ?
        HERE is a Morse #2 I bought years ago, real timesaver on one if my parts just made 3 more holders..
        Last edited by 754; 06-08-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

754...Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at KBC and the Magic Chucks. The tool change would occur when the chuck stops rotating.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200708_131432.jpg Views:	0 Size:	693.9 KB ID:	1946128
            Originally posted by lovemesomemachines View Post
            754...Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at KBC and the Magic Chucks. The tool change would occur when the chuck stops rotating.
            I change this one stopped. I was surprised it does not chatter seeing as there is no taper on the parts that fit together.
            will add a pic of plunge cutting into the side of a round bar.. I expected chatter. The milling and drilling is done while stock is full round..l so the milling cutter cuts into side of round.... after that I mill around it to lighten the part.
            Last edited by 754; 06-08-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I bought a Morse Taper #3 with a 3/8-16 drawbar to ER40 collet from H&H Industrial Products (HHiP).
              They are a China Importer on Ebay.

-Doozer
              DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                I bought a Morse Taper #3 with a 3/8-16 drawbar to ER40 collet from H&H Industrial Products (HHiP).
                They are a China Importer on Ebay.

-Doozer
                This is what I was hoping he meant too. I have an ETM ER-32 collet chuck in my MT3 mill. Best thing ever!

Comment

Working...
                X