Speaking of machine repairs that mght be thought doubtful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
    Did is smoke ?? I've TIG'ged bronze and brass props, works fine just a lot of white smoke and soot.

JL...........
    Bro you must have metal fume fever to the nines. Gotta use silicon bronze rod, brass rod just dissociates and the zinc boils off...
    21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

I've seen plenty of "maintenance guy" braze jobs. Basically bird poop brazing, little wetting, no fillet, rough surface sticking up all over the filler, nasty looking. The odd thing is that most of them were still holding the leg onto the table, or whatever they were supposed to do.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
        I TiG brazed some copper starter solenoid contacts the other day on a Nippon Denso starter.
        It worked out great. Layed down perfect with just a little crown. Milled it flat, and now it is
        better than original, as the factory contact was just copper.

-Doozer
        Sorry, I re-read what I wrote and I forgot to include to mention that it was silver braze/silver solder.
        Yes the copper contact was worn away quite severely, and I used the TiG as a heat source, and
        laid the silver down on the worn copper pad. I did not repair copper with copper. I used silver.
        Man I am getting senile.

-D
        DZER

Comment

Working...
        X