More Estate Sale Machinist Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Estate Sale Machinist Crap

Another pile to find a place for. I am finding you can never have enough set up tools, and when I see old USA made ones, I grab them. I needed to drill a bolt pattern in a aluminum plate, and there was 2 pair of 2"x8" step blocks in this pile. I was able to do it over the vise with these, and since I needed the vise for the next operation, it was nice to not have to take it off and realign it. Bunch of gauges, a SETCO M8 dovetail slide, a bunch of Greenfield ACME taps, most look new, a few are used, and misc. crap. In the corner of this garage behind a tool box I saw a mill head. I knew it was not an M head, because there was no quill. Turns out it is a Bridgeport H head.

Last edited by junkaddict; 06-15-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Wow . Looks like some very nice stuff.. i like the big dial Southbend topslide..l wish i had the big dials..

Comment

Those ACME taps are a great find, for lathe compound and cross slide nuts, and smaller mill leadscrew nuts. Have you identified that small lathe top slide, compound?

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
          Those ACME taps are a great find, for lathe compound and cross slide nuts, and smaller mill leadscrew nuts. Have you identified that small lathe top slide, compound?
          As 754 pointed out, it is from a South Bend. There was no lathe, and no mill there. Guy worked for the studios. My brother in law works for the studios in special effects, and his garage is packed with everything they threw away after the shoots finished for the past 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by junkaddict View Post
            I always find it perplexing the lengths guys will go through to get around having to re-tram a vise.
            Totally ridiculous. It's not that hard.

-D
            DZER

Comment

Looks like you hit the jackpot !

JL.............

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

I always find it perplexing the lengths guys will go through to get around having to re-tram a vise.
                Totally ridiculous. It's not that hard.

-D
                Subconscious maybe? It isn't hard, but it just seems like it activates the work around part of my brain.

Comment

wow, nice haul on those acme taps. Of course I'd probably only use 10% of them in a lifetime, but the disease makes me pine for drawers full of stuff I don't have
                  Last edited by Mcgyver; 06-15-2021, 03:49 PM.
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Nice score. Lots of good stuff to put to good use.

I'm liking that little three jaw chuck that's sitting in the green box. What's the shank diameter on that? Are those its reverse jaws sitting next to it?

Comment

I don't bother with retramming milling vises, I just keep them pushed back against the keys while tightening the tee bolts. Removing and replacing a vise takes at least 1 minute.

Comment

Who's the maker on those step blocks? They look twice as thick as the standard TECO ones I have (just under an inch).

Comment

I hope that BP head is a 2 morse taper. I think H heads will take VB collets which are tough to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillie's in a bottle View Post
                            I hope that BP head is a 2 morse taper. I think H heads will take VB collets which are tough to find.
                            It's VB.

Comment

Originally posted by rkepler View Post
                              Who's the maker on those step blocks? They look twice as thick as the standard TECO ones I have (just under an inch).
                              Correction, they are 1 1/2"x6" They are marked Northwestern Tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X