X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeLee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bented View Post
    Would abrasive waterjet do such a job on non tempered glass?
    That would be the way to go but how many of us have such equipment ?

JL...............

Leave a comment:

• john hobdeclipe
    replied
    Originally posted by CalM View Post

Or else, cut squares , wax a stack together and use a cylindrical grinder fitted with a diamond wheel to produce rounds.
    Please explain "wax a stack together"

Leave a comment:

• Stepside
    replied
    Need some more information: 1) how many is a few? 2) Will you need a diffferent size later on? 3) How pretty do they need to be? 4) Are you looking for a source of custom cut parts?
    5) Do you have a Drill Press? 6) What is your timeline?

Pete

Leave a comment:

• john hobdeclipe
    replied
    How precise does the 2-7/16" diameter need to be?

As stated above, a diamond core drill on a drill press will work well, but you are limited to the diameters of core drills available.

This will get pretty close: https://www.diamond-drill-bit-and-to...rill-Bit.shtml

Leave a comment:

• ptjw7uk
    replied
    This will do the job
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202991371344
    but pricey for what it is!

Leave a comment:

• CalM
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokedaddy View Post
    Thanks. I should have been clearer. I recently moved to Montana and no longer have my home shop. I'm looking for something I can do with limited tooling so to speak.
    If you have no tools, you will need to purchase the items from those that do. Your call.

Leave a comment:

• Bented
    replied
    Would abrasive waterjet do such a job on non tempered glass?

Leave a comment:

• CalM
    replied
    OK

A piece of copper or other "soft metal" tube. Used as a hole saw with a plasticien dam around the work area (on a drill press)

Feed loose abrasive into an oil or water slurry at the glass surface. Go easy on the break out! Wax the work to a waste backer if you can.

Leave a comment:

• Smokedaddy
    replied
    Thanks. I should have been clearer. I recently moved to Montana and no longer have my home shop. I'm looking for something I can do with limited tooling so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• CalM
    replied
    Diamond core drills

The operation is done as a wet abrasive process.

Or else, cut squares , wax a stack together and use a cylindrical grinder fitted with a diamond wheel to produce rounds.

I've been involved with the production of tens of thousands of glass rounds less than 75 mm. (and many over 150 mm ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Smokedaddy
    started a topic Cutting small glass circles

Cutting small glass circles

I need to cut a few 2 7/16" diameter glass circles. Thickness is approximately 2mm. The circle cutter I have won't go that small and can't be modified. Does anyone have actual experience cutting glass circles that small? I've seen a couple advertised on Amazon and eBay but I'm looking for someone that has a cutter that goes that small. What are you using IF you've cut glass circles this size or smaller?

-JW:
Working...
X