Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.T. I need help choosing a new iron horse(BIG pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. I need help choosing a new iron horse(BIG pics)

What are your thoughts?

1. Triumph Rocket III

2.BMW 1200C

3. Vulcan 1500 classic

4. Honda 1800 vtx
    Jim, By the river enjoying life...

My friend on his

Heres my friend on his Kawasaki,I took the picture, not too happy with the panning job, could of been sharper.

Comment

I really need to set up a hosting acct. I have a slew of pics from the supercross and other stuff. I have good luck with panning if i get a slight angle in front of the subject as it helps to slow it down for me to pan.

I take it you would go with the Vulcan?

Comment

I never rode a motorcycle before, two of my friends have them, they love them.

Comment

It is like riding a bike but you are always going down a big hill..wheeeeeeeeee!

Comment

By the way, (Hijacking my own thread). There is a fellow around the corner from me that has some steam engines. He used them in a small riverboat. He is too old to run them now and switched over to diesel/hydraulic hybrid drive. He also has a medium size one that I believe was used to power a mill for sugarcane.

Comment

You can't ever go wrong with a Honda.

You can't go wrong with a Honda, though that first bike, the Rocket 3, with that huge crankcase, sure looks great. The Honda will be so good in all respects that you will get bored with it. Then you will buy something else, realize how good the Honda was, and go back to it.
              James Kilroy

Comment

ok - a new problem (challenge). What pictures are you referring too. I dont see any.

My guess is it is because I am using Mozilla - this is the first time using it to check the BBS. Any suggestions other that go back to IE.
                Craig

Comment

Originally posted by decoy91288
                  ok - a new problem (challenge). What pictures are you referring too. I dont see any.

My guess is it is because I am using Mozilla - this is the first time using it to check the BBS. Any suggestions other that go back to IE.
                  Most likely it is in your BBS settings under "User CP". Then go to "Edit options". Then go down to "Thread display". I use Mozilla also. You need to enable pics. Jim
                  Last edited by JIMofalltrades031; 04-23-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Dang, Jim. Talk about overloading a guys senses on a leisurely Sunday morning. Here I was sipping my coffee minding my own business and you insist on posting a bunch of really nice bikes, and requesting that I choose one among them...

I've always liked the looks of the Vulcan, but when I actually got to try one I found that I was really cramped up on it. I'm tall and the whole forearms banging on the thigh/knee thing just didn't work. The BMW is an ergonomic masterpiece - very comfortable. Unfortunately it is also the ugliest in my opinion. I heard that if you get the BMW you are required to wear a pocket protector when riding it...

So, I'd probably go with the Honda. More comfortable than the Vulcan, but not as ugly as the BMW.

Wayne

Comment

Thank you Wayne. I am 6'4" and noticed that also.

Comment

Jim,
                        I thought of going your route but I'm kind of a chick magnet! Thought I might get in trouble so instead of buying something sexy like a 2 wheeler I opted for a few more wheels.

www.raysstuff.com/ATV

This is the Bombardier 650 Max Xt and rides double up. It'ws big brother, a stock 800 does wheelys.........in reverse! So, I opted for the more controlable 650! Don't want my 60 yr old arse pointed up in the air going backwards.
                        Last edited by Your Old Dog; 04-23-2006, 02:10 PM.
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I've got one of the BMW's. Yes it's ugly but once you're on it, it disappears. For short hops and commuting, it's perfect. But if you're in the saddle for more than about 40 minutes, the lack of options for you keester and feet really takes its toll. The geometry locks you into the bike. Everything I've done to improve the long ride comfort has degraded the handling slightly. Mine's a '97, so maybe they aren't as uncomfortable these days. However, it IS every bit as ugly!
                          I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

O.T. I need help choosing a new iron horse(BIG pics)

Wow Jim,

That Triumph with the inline 4 cylinder looks really neat but I bet you would have to be very "lanky and bow legged" to ride it without burning the heck out of your thighs!

Jim (KB4IVH)
                            Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.

Comment

Believe it or not that is a 3 cylinder(140 cubic inch)! I went and sat on the BMW and the Rocket today. You are locked in when you ride the bimmer as gizmo2 says, but the seat is comfortable. I noticed the hand position was somewhat forward also. I am large and had to lean forward on the bike. The Triumph was like sitting down into the bike. The seat hight couldn't have been more than 27 inches. Ray, I have been thinking of upgrading to the Bombadier from my Warrior. I mainly ride the Honda CR500, but run the Rabbit runs with the Warrior.

Thanks for the input guys. Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X