Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did find one issue with the Ranger, possible factory setup problem.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was told I should look back at this thread....

    No mention of Ranger, and the comments are all 10 years old. But it looks like Ford is still doind whatever they did before.

    I was AMUSED that a number of the posts also did not view "tire rotation" as a solution to the problem, but rather they saw it (correctly, IMO) as just wearing out 4 tires instead of 2.

    Only a few miles on it since, but I still need to do the second chalk test, on a better surface, if I can find one. And the damn ventilation was pumping out blazing hot air when set to cold, again. Looks like I need to expedite taking it in under warranty, which means I need to do the brakes on the other car ASAP.
    2730

    Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

    Everything not impossible is compulsory

    Comment


    • There were a couple 2021 posts, but not specifically for Ranger and mostly different (and more severe) problems. Fix Or Rebuild Daily?
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

      Comment


      • The Dealer finally found a significant alignment issue, when I got an appointment (had to make it weeks ahead) and got it in there.

        Now I am wondering how the heck the TBA shops could come up with the alignment being good?

        Must be some bad information out there.... I wonder if Ford has the correct data?

        I had another issue, with the vents blowing hot air when set to bring in outside air. Dealer documented a 10 degree rise in temp from outside to inside, but Ford has no idea what to do about it. There was paper out (an SSM) but it does not apply, as it requires a clicking noise, and a computer code, neither of which is present.

        2730

        Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

        Everything not impossible is compulsory

        Comment


        • So you finally got the front end straightened out? And it turns out everyone was using bad numbers to begin with?
          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

          Comment


          • Seems like it, but we shall see if these numbers are better......

            And whether Ford can figure out why hot air comes from the vents when they are set for outside air no heating. I know why, but apparently Ford does not.

            The only sensible reason for it is that cabin air is passing through the heater core while ther is hot coolant in it, which should not occur if set to direct outside air. Possibly something is stuck.
            2730

            Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

            Everything not impossible is compulsory

            Comment


            • Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
              Seems like it, but we shall see if these numbers are better......

              And whether Ford can figure out why hot air comes from the vents when they are set for outside air no heating. I know why, but apparently Ford does not.

              The only sensible reason for it is that cabin air is passing through the heater core while ther is hot coolant in it, which should not occur if set to direct outside air. Possibly something is stuck.
              So this is it? We now live in a world that people are unable to diagnose an issue, they have to rely on a computer code? So the flap that directs air from outside to bypass the heating core is obviously stuck, and obviously there is no position sensor on that flap for there ever to be a code to say so, therefore the Ford techs are unable to do anything?
              Seriously, this is how dumb society has become? I guess even Ford has to cater to the lowest denominator for who they hire...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                big

                So this is it? We now live in a world that people are unable to diagnose an issue, they have to rely on a computer code? So the flap that directs air from outside to bypass the heating core is obviously stuck, and obviously there is no position sensor on that flap for there ever to be a code to say so, therefore the Ford techs are unable to do anything?
                Seriously, this is how dumb society has become? I guess even Ford has to cater to the lowest denominator for who they hire...
                To be fair, this is a warranty issue, and to do warranty work replacing parts, they need to have Ford approval for the fix. THEY know, I know, and even YOU know what is wrong, but the assembly at fault is large and expensive, is a "component" not a Ford assembly and needs the dash torn apart to reach it.

                So, they are stuck, warranty-wise, as far as Ford is concerned, unless and until, Ford has recognized the issue and put out a fix for it.

                The codes and clicking are for a specific issue, which this vehicle does not exhibit..... so THAT fix does not apply as far as Ford is concerned. They can do the work, but they won't get warranty reimbursement.
                2730

                Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

                Everything not impossible is compulsory

                Comment


                • It used to be that sometimes a hot air issue was because the cable running to the butterfly valve on the heater hose was not adjusted properly and the valve did not shut completely. Don't know about newer vehicles.

                  Comment


                  • Back to the wheel alignment - can you tell us what exactly what was wrong with it? If you can attached a picture of a printout - before and after - it would be even better. It's 247 posts - you owe it to us.

                    Comment


                    • Jerry, you should be going after somebody for new tires...
                      Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                        Jerry, you should be going after somebody for new tires...
                        X2, you should be getting new tires out of the deal.
                        25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ridgerunner View Post
                          It used to be that sometimes a hot air issue was because the cable running to the butterfly valve on the heater hose was not adjusted properly and the valve did not shut completely. Don't know about newer vehicles.
                          The older style cable controlled hot water valves and even the later vacuum solenoid controlled ones have now all been replaced by more modern HVAC systems.
                          This consists of a large plastic housing that contains all that is needed to keep you comfy. Heater core, AC evaporator, blower motor, vacuum operated blend doors, etc.
                          These units are almost one of the first components installed into the bare shell on the assembly line. Not only are these units largely non-serviceable in some cases, they are in all cases extremely difficult to access for any type of repair since the car or truck is essentially built around them.

                          $3-4,000 to replace one of these units is not uncommon.
                          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

                          Location: British Columbia

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Willy View Post

                            The older style cable controlled hot water valves and even the later vacuum solenoid controlled ones have now all been replaced by more modern HVAC systems.
                            This consists of a large plastic housing that contains all that is needed to keep you comfy. Heater core, AC evaporator, blower motor, vacuum operated blend doors, etc.
                            These units are almost one of the first components installed into the bare shell on the assembly line. Not only are these units largely non-serviceable in some cases, they are in all cases extremely difficult to access for any type of repair since the car or truck is essentially built around them.

                            $3-4,000 to replace one of these units is not uncommon.
                            And that's supposed to be progress?
                            Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Arcane View Post

                              And that's supposed to be progress?
                              Yeah, ain`t it great.

                              I have one older pickup yet with the older style no-draft vent windows that pop out and a couple of vents in the lower kick panels that will blow your hair straight back at 60 mph.
                              A blower motor and access panel for heater core replacement if necessary is all easy to get at under the hood. Oh, and you can still actually see the engine.

                              I don`t mind some of the newer tech and in some cases it is welcome in many ways but ease of service and it`s associated cost went down the toilette a long time ago.
                              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

                              Location: British Columbia

                              Comment


                              • Click image for larger version  Name:	Ford,jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.7 KB ID:	1957328 At least they have circled the Problem, I used to be a Ford guy also, no longer own Chevy trucks either the 2014 was beautiful but a money pit. Ended up with a Toyota Tacoma.
                                Last edited by wmgeorge; 08-17-2021, 05:06 PM.
                                Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X