Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did find one issue with the Ranger, possible factory setup problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with AK’s assessment. Regardless of all the input, one way or another, Something is not “normal”.
    Now, how And if and who’s responsible, and can it be fixed within Ford’s available parameters and parts, that’s the stuff of forum speculation for pages!!

Sid

Comment

Willy, You are still looking for a regulation I mentioned in some document that you think it should be in.
      You can't find it in the document you want. You cry fowl because to think your document referenced is
      the only place it could possibly be, and therefor in your eyes, the reg I mentioned does not exist.
      I make a general statement about some bad information in this thread, then you say I discredit every
      one who posted in this thread. Not playing your games pal. Not taking your bait. But I do see who you
      conduct yourself. And I am sure other do to. Good day sir.

-D
      DZER

Comment

Boys, boys......

It's easy to settle that, just link to the regulation in question. No need to argue back and forth about it.

I strongly doubt the regulation, at least in the exact form of test suggested. I do not think i have ever driven a vehicle that could pass. I have driven a number that I am certain would NOT pass. Start with an older Ford Explorer.

A link would clear it up.

Not sure it even matters in this context though. That's not the issue, and it would take some crazy negative camber to have any chance of the Ranger or other pickup passing that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nega...hXWXB61ucSrPNM

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Please reference the document or legislation you claim to exist as I cannot find it.
          Not saying it does not exist, simply that I can find no mention of it.

Edited to add: Jerry types faster than I.
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

I've got 28,000 miles of evidence that your statement is, shall we say, "overly worried".

It's VERY stable in steering, which makes me consider it unlikely to be a toe-in or toe-out problem. Good mileage confirms that, but is not proof.
            I do have a healthy respect for the unknown and in this case it appears nobody knows why the tyres wear like they have and it is difficult to judge the safety of the vehicle without that knowledge.

Do you think the performance under heavy braking has been improved by that tyre wear and whatever caused them to be like that?

Comment

I owe you nothing, fool.

-D
              DZER

Comment

They probably just got Jerry's ranger alignment specs mixed up with this guy.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by Sparky_NY; 06-26-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

*SOMEWHAT* on topic, I know for a fact that certain cars can indeed be maneuvered at speed. A family friend is in the secret service, guarding the Bush family. And he has told me part of their training is being able to swing a vehicle around 180 degrees at speeds up to highway speeds, while remaining in the same lane. So, the stuff you see in the movies isn't entirely fiction -- there are people and vehicles that can do this. They were trained on surplus cop crown vic's Lkincolns, Caddys, limos and tahoes.

Obviously, most people and most vehicles cannot do any of this let alone safely.
                  25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post
                    Sure looks like a toe problem. Camber problem will cause similar wear, but not, in my experience, nearly that bad.

Don't alignment shops still check camber as well as caster and toe?

-js
                    Yup.
                    You gots your-self some toe- outs there. 2 tape measures and a set of homemade toe plates will tell you that.

You can check camber with a combi- square, but it's not that what's wearing your tairs.

t
                    rusting in Seattle

Comment

All the shops I worked at have always provided a printout of the alignment when the customer picked it up. It would show before and after readings of all the numbers, If they gave it to you, if you post it we can come up with some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                        I owe you nothing, fool.

-D

Hey you better check yer chit Mr!!

Mr. Willy is a known expert on some vehicle systems.

You trying to argue with him is like night and day, Stay in your element.

Besides that? Calling our friend here a fool, is no good. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Hey you better check yer chit Mr!!

Mr. Willy is a known expert on some vehicle systems.

You trying to argue with him is like night and day, Stay in your element.

Besides that? Calling our friend here a fool, is no good. JR
                          JR don't waist yer breath, you know that old sayin "who pee'd in yer wheaties this mornin"? Weeeeeeeeel ya see --- Doozer wakes up every morn and pee's in his very own....

EDIT!!! Ok and now im forced to edit this and add, yup - night and day, From a fellow wrench i can attest, Willy has been a spot on wealth of info to this very board and as far as someone taking the time and spelling it all out for all to see? second to none,,, in that respect and in most all others except anti-seizing lug nuts (lol) Willy's the best in the biz and the best we got... I would drink a moosehead or labatts blue with that dude anytime... although I know good and well it would probably lead to a case of them and maybe even puking lol
                          Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 06-27-2021, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I checked my friend's Ranger yesterday and whattayouknow? The left hand front tyre was wearing on the inside edge!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
                              I checked my friend's Ranger yesterday and whattayouknow? The left hand front tyre was wearing on the inside edge!
                              Only the beginning --- Wait till someone connects the dots with these very same models having a marked propensity for taking a liking to hydroplaning and getting people killed,,, gonna be lawyers in luv all over again...
                              Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 06-27-2021, 12:35 AM.

Comment

ONE tire wear is not the same thing.

Plus, if it's not a 2019 or more recent, it has nothing to do with this, as this vehicle has absolutely NOTHING to do with the old ones. I question whether there is even one part that is common to both old and new.

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post

Do you think the performance under heavy braking has been improved by that tyre wear and whatever caused them to be like that?
                                Loaded question.... pull the mag, eject that round, then we'll talk.
                                Last edited by J Tiers; 06-27-2021, 01:33 AM.

Keep eye on ball.
                                Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Working...
                                X