DeWALT Portable Band Saw Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWALT Portable Band Saw Table

I have a DeWALT DWM120K portable band saw. I have a Portaband Pro jig for it. Needless to say, I don't like the Portaband Pro jig and am looking for a table of some kind for my band saw. I've done some targeted interweb searches and can't seem to locate one that will work. Please don't tell me I can fabricate one as I don't have a welder; I'm working on it! As a comparison, Milwaukee has one, it's a 48-08-0260. It's a bit pricey but it works for that brand of saw. I wonder if there is an "adapter" I could use that would allow me to mount my DeWALT band saw onto the Milwaukee table? Just a thought. Anyone have any ideas or has seen a saw table for my DeWALT portable band saw? Thanks.

Like one of these: https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Por...ries_c_35.html ?

Not having a welder doesn't preclude you from fabricating your own. You can build it "erector set style".

Comment

Originally posted by lovemesomemachines View Post
      As a comparison, Milwaukee has one, it's a 48-08-0260. It's a bit pricey but it works for that brand of saw. I wonder if there is an "adapter" I could use that would allow me to mount my DeWALT band saw onto the Milwaukee table? Thanks.
      Yes, I too would like to know. I have a portable bandsaw and was looking for a "table" to make it a nice lil chop saw. So some Prints would be nice. I could use them.

The frickin Milwaukee table is way too high in cost for me. So I figured why not reproduce what they did for myself. Then I lost interest. Till now

Make one.. JR

Comment

I bought a " King:" brand portable bandsaw and the base with a vice for it. I think I was in to about $ 350 CDN. The vice was junk with a quick release feature which seemed to be a " Let go at Random" extra feature, So that immediately got converted to a screw vice. The outfit is useful and quick cutting, but it is hellish noisy, I use ear muffs to protect what little hearing I have left when I use the saw. Hope this helps someone, Regards David Powell.

Comment

I have the SWAG table for a DeWalt portaband, and am very satisfied with it. But they are pricey.

The way these things are built, there is a metal plate (basically the bandsaw table) that bolts to the portaband using two existing threaded holes. The plate then mounts to the much larger base.

It would be possible to make a larger bandsaw table that bolts to the bandsaw in the same way, and has a (largish) vise key in the bottom. That would give you a bandsaw table that mounts in a bench or pedestal vise, would be easier to build and far cheaper than the SWAG design.

Comment

I have the same DeWalt band saw. I took off the black handle, which mounts via a 6mm through hole in the saw frame. Then I made a simple wood stand that uses that hole to hold the band saw upright. Once I had the band saw sitting vertical it was a simple matter to cut a 7ga steel plate with two countersunk holes for the table.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was looking more to have my portable band saw as a type of chop saw and not sitting vertical. That's why I was looking at the Milwaukee table as that's the only table that I've seen support a portable band saw in the configuration I was looking for. I guess I could purchase the the Milwaukee table and then fabricate an adapter for my band saw. I'm not sure how much work would be involved in that though.

Comment

I feel your pain when it comes to trying to figure out the next investment for the shop...I to have been looking at a horizontal band saw and have weighed out the idea of finding a table I could mount my porta band to...The Milwaukee 48-08-0260 you speak of is very pricey...
                FFT is since the porta band has such a small window might you consider a Harbor Freight Horizontal model with the 4x6 window you can get it along with the 20% savings and come out ahead in the long run...They have gotten several positive reviews..
                Attached Files

Comment

God bless Texas!!! I've actually looked at the Harbor Freight band saw. It seemed kind of flimsy to me. Maybe it's the way it was put together before it was displayed on the floor. I can't be for certain. It would be a nice size band saw not taking up a whole lot of room and pretty versatile. If you look at the design/shape of the band saw, there are similarities to other companies brands. Odd how that happens.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

It may be an import, but I have one in my shop and have used them in other shops where I worked. Different brands, but they all cut metal and were one of the most used tools in the metal shops where they were. And one of the most time and effort saving tools there. In short, they work.

If you are not happy with the basic and very popular 4X6 models, they come in a variety of larger sizes.

Originally posted by Texasbowhunter View Post
                    I feel your pain when it comes to trying to figure out the next investment for the shop...I to have been looking at a horizontal band saw and have weighed out the idea of finding a table I could mount my porta band to...The Milwaukee 48-08-0260 you speak of is very pricey...
                    FFT is since the porta band has such a small window might you consider a Harbor Freight Horizontal model with the 4x6 window you can get it along with the 20% savings and come out ahead in the long run...They have gotten several positive reviews..
                    Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 07-06-2021, 06:39 PM.
                    Paul A.
                    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

... I was looking more to have my portable band saw as a type of chop saw and not sitting vertical. ...
                      What you have here is an opportunity: make your own stand - it's part of the fun of being an HSM'er 😀. Years ago, before I got my 4x6, I made a stand for my Porta-Band:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	PortaStand1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1950356

Name:	PortaStand2.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1950357 Click image for larger version

Name:	PortaStand4.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1950358

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Name:	PortaStand4.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1950358
                        I have a Rockwell Porta Band 40+ years old like this one and never felt the need for a stand. Most of the time I cut bigger pieces than what it's supposed to cut and you have to work around with the saw and a stand would not allow this.

Helder Ferreira
                        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

God bless Texas!!! I've actually looked at the Harbor Freight band saw. It seemed kind of flimsy to me. Maybe it's the way it was put together before it was displayed on the floor. I can't be for certain. It would be a nice size band saw not taking up a whole lot of room and pretty versatile. If you look at the design/shape of the band saw, there are similarities to other companies brands. Odd how that happens.
                          I've got one of the older HF green ones, and the stand was flimsy until I added some angle iron stiffeners to the legs and tied the front and back legs together. It's rock steady now and does a great job.
                          “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Working...
                          X