No announcement yet.

Piston ring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, would love to have a few like that one on the right Joe, for some tables out by the firepit. .

Comment

Personally, I found the original reason for the thread more than a bit humorous.
      SE MI, USA

Comment

Among the many contributions of Alco, specifically its locomotive shops in Pittsburgh, was the transition of the plant manager, Walter Chrysler, to the automotive industry. This was facilitated by member of the Alco board (and Boston investment banker) James Storrow. The latter had convinced his firm to invest in a failing General Motors Corp. in 1910, and he became interim president of GM. In 1911, Storrow arranged for Chrysler (whom he knew from Alco) to meet with Charles Nash, president of Buick Motor Co., and Chrysler subsequently became production manager at the Buick plant in Flint, Michigan. After stints at Willys and Maxwell motor companies, Chrysler created his namesake automobile company in 1925.

Comment

Late to the party but here’s my big piston pictures. B&W 8750hp 7 cylinder, 2 stroke, slow speed. Piston behind my head, liner to my left. Roughly 30” bore, 60” stroke. Other one is MaK 5100hp 6 cylinder, 4 stroke medium speed, I think about 18” bore. Both Laker main engines. B&W was a single, MaK was a pair
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
          Last edited by Captain K; 07-11-2021, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X