Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCRider
    replied
    The single I use works well. Especially with aluminium. In fact I need to be a little careful on aluminium or I overdo it and the finish becomes dull.

12x36 lathe is OK with the pressure needed. Single wheel doesnt need as much as a two wheel former.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Carlstedt
    replied
    For "Straight " Line Knurling you only need one wheel
    Cross-hatch Knurling requires two wheels to create the cross-hatch - they can be mounted on a linear feed holder, or a scissors holder
    Scissors knurling tools provide a method that eliminates/reduces force on the cross-slide
    Single or dual linear wheels load the cross-slide quite a bit.

Rich

Leave a comment:

• Texasbowhunter
    started a topic Knurling Straight Wheel?

Knurling Straight Wheel?

I'm going to be ordering a Straight Knurling cutter very soon and wanted to get some opinions before I order either the wheels or to attachment holder and single wheel...
    I presently have a knurling holder where it holds 2 wheels and knurls from the side rather then from the top and bottom...scissors style
    Its what I have without buying a pricy scissor style knurling tool...Anyway I digress...
    I wish to knurl a project in 3.5" aluminum with the straight knurl and was curious about whether I require a 2 wheeled knurling tool or a single (1) wheel knurling tool
    If I use the 2 wheeled then I can purchase the wheels and swap out to fit my present attachment holder...
    I had seen where there was single wheeled straight bar style attachments for sale as well
    Which is preferred?
    The single wheel or the 2 wheel?
    Thanks
    Paul
Working...
X