Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mother of all Rustoleum Rebuilds!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mother of all Rustoleum Rebuilds!!!!

This is unbelievable!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-bench-lathe_W0...QQcmdZViewItem
    "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." Winston Churchill

I wonder if he had the ways professionally sandblated? grin........
    scariest thing to hear " I am from the government and i am here to help"

Comment

I wouldn't buy it. Sloppy work. He didn't bother touching it up after he moved the carriage.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

What's unbelievable is the number of people who will probably bid on that pos.
        Jonathan P.

Comment

I don't think it's paint. It's just a protective coating of the new formula Vactra II. I read about it here on April 1st I think.

Comment

I love the statement: motor is 3 phase easily changed to 110!

Comment

Wow! That thing is listed again?

And I thought my lathe restoration was less than perfect.

Comment

Wow, great paint job! Got paint on pretty much every surface except, the nameplate, part of the ways, and the inside of the chuck. Check out the shear. Same thing. Maybe someone needs to limit this guy's access to spraypaint. The machines would probably bring more if the rust was showing, at least you would know what there was to work with.

Comment

I hope he painted the belt on both side and the inside of the spindle and tailstock bore.

I see he missed a spot.

Comment

Eeek, thats disgusting. I cringe seeing everything just splashed in paint like that. Even the belt and chuck had paint on it!! yikes

Comment

That is sick

Ross
                      GUNS Don't kill people
                      Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

Golly... it's purrrrdy
                        Leigh
                        The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
                        of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Walker
                          I love the statement: motor is 3 phase easily changed to 110!
                          Well............he's certainly correct. All one has to do is scrap the 3 phase motor and put on a 110 single phase.......LOL
                          RPease

Comment

I'd give him $50 for it tops,I would need the other $150 for stripper to get all the goo off it.Perfectly good woodworking pattern lathe ruined by a crappy clean and paint job.Left nasty and natural it would have fetched $600-700 in the right crowd.
                            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Look again...he changed the photo ! The rascal apparently got some correspondance telling him what a doofus he was and he stripped and scraped the paint off the belt, pully and ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X