Free 2hp 3ph motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free 2hp 3ph motor

Anyone need this? Free, but must pick up.
    Probably could ship. (No idea how much)
    Motor is brand new basically.
    I was going to use it on my 2 x 72 sander, but it’s not really good for that because it’s open.
    Would probably be good on a lathe.

Sid
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

I'm wondering if I could adapt that motor to my lathe and do away with the problematic hydraulic variable speed drive.
    I could run the motor off my spare vfd.

JL.....

Comment

That would be a perfect replacement for the motor on my drill press. With a VFD it would be a dream.

If you still have it, let me know where you are; via PM if you wish.
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
        I was going to use it on my 2 x 72 sander, but it’s not really good for that because it’s open.
        You might be too cautious about using it for a sander. I used a tread mill motor on my belt grinder & it's not only open but has a commutator & brushes. It's been running 10 or 20 years without any problems. Your 3 ph motor would be much less susceptible.

Comment

No matter what, nice gesture Sid well done, altruism isn’t dead
          mark

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
            Anyone need this? Free, but must pick up.

Sid
            Are you located close to a line running between Parkersburg WVa and Selina Kansas? I'm taking that drive late next week and I would love to meet a new motor

Comment

All- thanks for the response. It looks like Joe is going to take it. He contacted me first and live fairly close, so he can pick it up.
              for my 2x72 I bought a 2hp TEFC c mount 3ph motor.
              going to drive it with a VFD.

Sid

Comment

Sorry did not realize you have gotten a replacement …dis-regard offer

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                  I'm wondering if I could adapt that motor to my lathe and do away with the problematic hydraulic variable speed drive.
                  I could run the motor off my spare vfd.

JL.....
                  Im guessing you are thinking about it for the Clausing? I did a vfd conversion on mine when I got it as the hyd speed control had issues. I ended up with a 3hp motor when I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by oxford View Post

Im guessing you are thinking about it for the Clausing? I did a vfd conversion on mine when I got it as the hyd speed control had issues. I ended up with a 3hp motor when I did it.
                    Yes, that's what I'm thinking of. My 5900 has the early version hydraulic cylinder on the motor pulley. There was a change somewhere along the line where that cylinder was replaced with what looked to be a box. Not really sure what they actually did there as I've never seen one first hand, just some pics. Mine is the problematic design and I don't know how much better the later design was. I'm guessing not much because I've seen where a lot of people have completely removed the hydraulic system and went with a 3 phase motor and VFD.

JL..............

Comment

Working...
                    X