Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what shop item should one buy with a windfall of $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take half of the hundy for this. I use it all the time as location of holes has always been spotty for me.
    The other half hundy can be used for beer while using the punch.
    https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...h?item=05N5901

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
      $100 really doesn't get you much these days, but a optical center punch might help me drill holes a little closer to where they should be.😎 my Macular degeneration has screwed up my vision a lot. Any one got a suggestion for for a good one?
      A long time ago I bought one when Busy Bee Tools opened up a store here in the city. Anyways, like a maroon I didn't check it out for accuracy when I bought it; I just assumed it would be accurate or at least much better than what my eyeballing a prick punch on a pair of cross lines would be. It isn't. One line on the optical pilot it perfect, the other line is off by quite a bit. This can be verified by sighting them in on cross lines and then rotating the optical pilot 180o for each line. By the time I went to use them and noticed the problem, the store had closed from lack of business. So I'm stuck with it.

Soba brand btw.

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

I agree. A good used, old one. That link goes to some crap.

Advert JR
        The link goes to a Unistrut dealer who has a good writeup on Unistrut trolleys, channel, hangers, etc.
        Maybe you shouldn't post when you wake up from having been on a bender.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
          A beer cooler would be nice.
          I like the way this guy thinks lol

I would have to say - with a 100 buck limit --- and especially if your only main piece of equipment is a mill - but not not exclusively,,, get a little R-8 5" three jaw chuck and go to town on stuff as if your mills a small lathe... cannot tell you how much I use it because half the other time it's also dismounted from it's R-8 drive and just the chuck mounted on the rotary table as pretty much a permanent fixture to the mills table... so damn handy...

Comment

If I had a choice, which I do not, a .656" $50.00 carbide drill would have saved me 10 hours of machine time last week.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

The link goes to a Unistrut dealer who has a good writeup on Unistrut trolleys, channel, hangers, etc.
              Maybe you shouldn't post when you wake up from having been on a bender.
              You are missing my Point. I said

"I agree. A good used, old one. That link goes to some crap.

Advert JR"

I was referring to the advertisement of the tool, that's why I said its Crap. The Link!! Its an advertisement! Its crap!!

Better or would you like to sleep on it? JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

You are missing my Point. I said

"I agree. A good used, old one. That link goes to some crap.

Advert JR"

I was referring to the advertisement of the tool, that's why I said its Crap. The Link!! Its an advertisement! Its crap!!

Better or would you like to sleep on it? JR
                Better that you would (go back to sleep).

Comment

Working...
                X