1 2 3D Design by AutoDesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 2 3D Design by AutoDesk

I was using this a few years ago, but it had no Dxf or Dwg Import which I needed, so I switched to Fusion 360 which is over kill for my 3D printer needs. So I re installed the latest upgrade of 1 2 3D Design (no longer updated) and found a work around for the DXF / DWG Import. Question even running in the Windows 8 mode on Win 10 it has issues on shutdown as it seems to hang up. Anyone else have a suggestion?
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Originally posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I was using this a few years ago, but it had no Dxf or Dwg Import which I needed, so I switched to Fusion 360 which is over kill for my 3D printer needs. So I re installed the latest upgrade of 1 2 3D Design (no longer updated) and found a work around for the DXF / DWG Import. Question even running in the Windows 8 mode on Win 10 it has issues on shutdown as it seems to hang up. Anyone else have a suggestion?
    My guess is the import.

"found a work around for the DXF / DWG Import."

Is that the only one you found? And if not make sure you have their latest version if still supported. JR

Edit: I only say this because I have the most difficult time translating code for my odd machines. When I go back to the old "translator" it works again.
    No post processors for me JR
    Last edited by JRouche; 07-09-2021, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Well, you probably wont like the suggestion, but go back to using Fusion instead of trying to limp an obsolete program along. Compatibility mode isnt perfect after all

Comment

Fusion has issues also and the 1 2 3D Design works perfectly, except for the shut down issue. The work around Import is just changing the file to be Imported from a DWG file to a SVG. Fusion is on the path to be a purchased program, perhaps you did not get that memo.

Solved. This program was set up to "call home" to report usage to AutoDesk which has an invalid URL now. Simple turn off internet connection while using and its perfect. Answer found on ThingVerse Forums.
        Last edited by wmgeorge; 07-09-2021, 08:06 AM.
        Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Comment

Working...
        X