Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple solution guys !
    Wood Blocks .
    When sucking chips with strings, toss a few 1x1x1 wood blocks into the suction hose and it clears out the strings BEFORE they become blockages
    Has worked for me for 40 years and I have had maybe 3 or 4 blockages during that time and this is with a corrugated 20 foot 2 inch hose
    And don't wait till you have sucked up all the chips, do it immediately after sucking strings
    Rich
    Green Bay, WI

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
      Thanks Dan for the follow-up.
      Yes long stringy chips and corrugated hose just don't get along, whether the hose is big or small it's all a matter of time.
      Glad to hear it sucks. How is the noise level. I realize this is subjective, but are you ok with it or is it borderline earplug level of higher?
      I have always picked up all the long stringy stuff with a magnet and use the shop vac for the rest. Sure way to avoid clogs.

JL...............

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        I have always picked up all the long stringy stuff with a magnet and use the shop vac for the rest. Sure way to avoid clogs.

JL...............
        Joe, can you let me in on the secret to your aluminum magnet please? .

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post

Joe, can you let me in on the secret to your aluminum magnet please? .
          Ha, never gave it a thought that you might be talking about non ferrous material. In that case fingers work well !

JL...............

Comment

Has anyone tried 3D-printing a hose-extension (between the hose and the nozzle) with a coarse enough mesh to stop the strings?
            My thinking is that sure, it will clog a lot, but it will be easy to unclog if it is at the end of the hose. Easier than tracking down a clog further down.
            Kinda like Rich's wood-block suggestion, only over-engineered and requiring expensive equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
              Anybody here use one of the home depot bucket head vacuums for chip collection? do they work decent?
              Yes Sir, I like any of the small bucket head vacs that can be found everywhere, for a Second, that might change.

No, I meant will. Off Shore Trading is changing. And no, NOT due to anything but Supply and Need. Thats all, no crazy poly sci, Polly wanna craker.

I see the days of inexpensive and imo realy reachable tools for a person like me is gone soon. That sucks for the new folks..

Easy to get the nozzel to pick up the fines, even the oil soaked fines. Sucked them right up and get to cleaning the Lathe.

Oh, that was the First part for cleaning a Lathe.

Remove the debris. Yeah, I like a lil bucket vac.. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

When I think of buckethead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQJH615KwA

Comment

Working...
                X