OT To my fellow S Africans .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plunger View Post
    For now we are okay.Dont know about my house as I moved out. Borrowed a gun which can get you locked up but gibe me a sense of some security. Totally apocalyptic. Burn and destroy and next day you have no food . I'm speechless. Thanks for the concern everyone. Biggest problem now is food and petrol
    Glad to hear you are OK, food and petrol will return eventually
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

For now we are okay.Dont know about my house as I moved out. Borrowed a gun which can get you locked up but gibe me a sense of some security. Totally apocalyptic. Burn and destroy and next day you have no food . I'm speechless. Thanks for the concern everyone. Biggest problem now is food and petrol
      Keep your chin up and mind sharp!
      All the best to you and yours,
      Jon

Comment

Relieved to see you posted thanks for the update - your one tough cookie Plunger stay strong and alert sounds like things are at least changing and attempts are being made...

Comment

Glad you are okay. Did you and your neighbors all decide to leave together for a safer place? What of your livestock?

Comment

If you need something to get by with until things settle down let me know.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

If there is any justice in this world, a nice guy like Plunger will come out of this OK. Good luck!

Dan
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                We should be asking you that with all the flooding going on over there --- You in a good place?

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
                  If there is any justice in this world, a nice guy like Plunger will come out of this OK. Good luck!

Dan
                  A nice and smart and resourceful guy. Wish him best of luck, but part of that luck will be his own doing.

Carry on, Plunger!

-js
                  There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

We should be asking you that with all the flooding going on over there --- You in a good place?
                    We are not in an area with flooding. We are getting a lot of rain but nothing extreme. Thanks for asking.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Bummer, thats not what I wanted the hear.

Sounds like it escalating and not de-escalating.

Do you have an exit plan? I wish I could help. JR

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                        Thanks Black forest. I need info on how to effectively arm myself as I have no weapon. Thinking of something on the lines of a flame thrower . Something visually intimidating. You dont know who your enemy is.

George let this thread go and I appreciate it . I feel lonely and isolated and this forum makes me feel connected to the world. i am back home for now ,have scrounged some food together and managed to get 30 liters of petrol. But I need to arm myself.
                        I will let you guys know whats happening every now and then , i just dont want to abuse this site as its a home machining forum.

But I would like to open a new thread that is on topic and hope to get some ideas on how to make effective weapons that have some machining content..
                        The amount of destruction is overwhelming. The one shop owner saved his store buy throwing five liter containers of cooking oil that he sells on the tiled floors in front of his shop entrance. The looters could not get traction and he saved his shop by this simple ingenious idea.
                        If anyone has any ideas on how to make a weapon that is effective or any idea like making a compressed air gun please let me know. I obviously dont want to break rules so if its illegal then I understand. Something that can be made of ready available material in a home workshoop.

Comment

How many of your neighbors came back? Maybe have a unified defense against a mob. A four stand electrified fence would be easy to build. Use the necks from broken bottles on wood dowels for the insulators. Stepping up the voltage anywhere pas 220V would be persuasive.

You can find information on the web for building a compressed air potato launcher from PVC pipe.
                          Last edited by reggie_obe; 07-17-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you still have your shop in tact --- was hoping so, Reggie - brilliant idea with the potato gun, pelt them with the last remaining food you have to eat --- make them laugh and then feed them to make them stronger...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                              Sounds like you still have your shop in tact --- was hoping so, Reggie - brilliant idea with the potato gun, pelt them with the last remaining food you have to eat --- make them laugh and then feed them to make them stronger...
                              AK, no, no, no, a potato launcher. Entertain friends and family at festive occasions, repel marauders with improvised projectiles like grape shot.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapeshot

I don't think that posting about WMD(s) is within the HSM terms of service.
                              Last edited by reggie_obe; 07-17-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

How bout's one of those sound generators? if you have a good enough one you can disperse crowds of thousands and no ear plugs or doubled up pillows will help them --- of course the neighbors might not like you a whole lot... dunno and yeah we are entering a "gray area" with what we can say here...

Comment

Working...
                                X