X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see this? The UK's Last Aerial Ropeway

Thought this was interesting-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiYXI1Tfu4

Simplicity has an elegance all it's own.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Yes, it showed up in my suggestions a few days ago. Pretty cool setup.
    Mike
    Central Ohio, USA

Comment

Love this --- polar opposite to the beached wales that line up for my states ski slopes to have their phat arsses dragged up at the expense of more forest fires...

and to think all's they need to do is replace a set of brake pads --- no scratch that --- change some hydraulic fluid once every decade or so... great post... but yeah sadly something of course that will soon become "obsolete"...

Comment

Wow, I love it. It demonstrates a principle that I have held for many years. The designers simply analyzed a problem and came up with the best, OVERALL solution. This is a demonstratively GREEN system. It saves money (pounds) and therefore it is greener than other ways that are more expensive.

My principle is simple: the best and perhaps the ONLY way that you can actually measure "greenness" is in terms of the total amount of MONEY it costs or consumes. Every dollar, pound, cent, or whatever monetary denomination that is spent makes a "solution" LESS GREEN. Why? Because every monetary unit spent has to come from some other process that also consumes resources. Even human work or energy comes at the expense of resources (water, food, clothing, housing, etc.) Ultimately it all comes from and equates to resources and they equal MONEY.
        Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Where I grew up (Solvay, NY) there was a major facility that used the same type of system for bringing lime stone to the factory in the 20’s I believe.

Sid

Comment

With all our modern tools and technology, I still think the old heads were smarter.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

We used to have a similar system in and around the area called an incline, coal drams were pulled up a ramped track or hill with a cable, the descending ones helping the ascent, very similar to a lift with counterweight system, the motor is really working that hard, makes sense
              mark

Comment

Working...
              X