There's Some Really Stupid People Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    You know...... The worst part of the "gas in the tarp in back" video is that these days, the way people are, the idea that some fool might do it is quite credible. It is not so obviously stupid that nobody would ever do it, these days.

And, now, there is a decent chance that someone WILL do it, because the idea is out there. One of the "hold my beer and watch this" crowd is virtually certain to try it.
    Yup, not that far fetched is it.
    How many of us have seen a scenario similar to the one pictured below when there's a gas war or shortage going on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	615.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1951899
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Actually, I never have seen that.

Laying them down? And having them in the cab?

At least set them upright and stow dunnage around them to hold them in place.

They are gas cans, though, not water, juice, or old kitty litter containers. Could be worse.

Is that a legit picture? I admit that is the exact sort of guy I'd expect it to be, but it could still be staged.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

That one just looks too real to me --- can just imagine texas plates on the back of that thing lol question though,,, what's with the two jugs next to the "lady" with the nozzles protruding like they are using them to fill something instead of being filled... ?

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

Dunno, I think you need to be properly fitted for boots. Not off-the-rack at Walmart or somewhere.
          When I got my Red Wings, they dealer suggested going up a size or two in Width. So that my toes can properly spread out.
          He was right, and they are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Recently I went on an 8-mile hike with my sister. Normally that kind of thing would be trivial for me, but it was pure agony because i wore my boat shoes instead. Felt like I had broken my ankles by the time we went back.

Anyway, my point being, that proper safety should be followed for whatever one is doing, and it doesn't have to be uncomfortable or inconvenient.
          Or maybe, I'm just so used to it that it doesn't bother me any more.
          Yes totally agree, a good set of properly fitting quality work boots doesn't have to be uncomfortable.
          I too have worn work boots all of my working career and they have not only been comfy but have saved my feet and ankles countless times. I tend to be in environments that are not feet friendly quite often. Too often to ignore the safety and protective nature of a good set of rugged footwear.

To this day it's pretty well all I wear. I've got my shop work boots and my going to town work boots, LOL.
          I feel vulnerable whenever I put on anything less substantial.
          Friends and acquaintances just shake their heads in disbelief. I just tell them that they where comfy enough for decades of hard work, why would I abandon my friends now.

Comment

Have we forgotten this one, filling up at Kroger?

https://youtu.be/XRjNdgAetQE
            SE MI, USA

Comment

Bag never would have made it, but waiting to hear from the "plastic guys" for confirmation on that...

Comment

They are gas cans, though, not water, juice, or old kitty litter containers. Could be worse.

Is that a legit picture? I admit that is the exact sort of guy I'd expect it to be, but it could still be staged.
                It would certainly appear so.
                https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/2100...t-gas-shortage

I would suspect the ones laying down are still empty.
                Sadly I've seen way too much of this stupidity, often with kids in the car!

Comment

Originally posted by tom_d View Post
                  Pretty sure that one was a staged prank.

.......Jesus wore flip flops........

In some circles I've heard them referred to as wearing a pair of "Jerusalem Cruisers"
                  Back in my hippie days we used to call them "Jesus boots".

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                    Bag never would have made it, but waiting to hear from the "plastic guys" for confirmation on that...
                    The bag likely would have likely survived, I've seen plastics soaked in gasoline a lot, Most jerry cans are now plastic,motor oil, kerosene, all plastic.

But good lord how bad do you need this stuff to resort to that level of lunacy!?

Comment

years back I was at a gas station and a guy pulls in and wobbles out of his vehicle smoking a cigarette and proceeds to pump gas. I was about 20 feet away and wondered if I should move further. The gentleman was not paying attention and there must have been something wrong with the nozzle because it did not shut off and gas was pouring out onto the ground. I yelled at him to get his attention, (which in hind sight was stupid considering he still had the cig in his yap...) and he managed to get it shut off without blowing himself up luckily. He then commented " gosh, hope nobody saw that", got in his car and promptly crashed into a light pole leaving the station. Somewhat taken aback I asked the station attendant if perhaps he shouldn't call the cops and his shocked comment was, "don't you know who that was?" " Not really ", says I. "That is our mayor". says he. Guess you gotta love small towns and idiocy comes in all forms. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post

The bag likely would have likely survived, I've seen plastics soaked in gasoline a lot, Most jerry cans are now plastic,motor oil, kerosene, all plastic.

But good lord how bad do you need this stuff to resort to that level of lunacy!?
                        Plus I guess she "double bagged it" smart - very smart lol yeah realize my gas can for the chain saw is plastic but i guess what im asking is it the same kind as what's used for the bags? I know styrofoam won't hold up to fuel to well lol

Comment

Did anyone notice that the 1st bag was already leaking before she put it in the other one?
                          Kansas City area

Comment

As long as he/she puts a baffle plate in the bed of the truck --- I think that's what bothered me the most is how you gonna take a turn or stop and go without a multi-section baffle plate...

never mind that the damn things leaking on his muffler --- where's the baffle plate? lol
                            Do you think anyone stupid enough to do something like this weather it's a hoax or not would even have a clue as to what a baffle plate even is ??

JL................

Comment

I've never seen anyone lay them down either but then I've never seen anyone try and fit 12 or more into the back of an SUV. I have however seen people fill glass jugs before.

JL............

Comment

Plus I guess she "double bagged it" smart - very smart lol yeah realize my gas can for the chain saw is plastic but i guess what im asking is it the same kind as what's used for the bags? I know styrofoam won't hold up to fuel to well lol
                                Yes I realize what you meant and no I'm not a plastic guy either but have had so many parts soaked in gas/diesel/oil handed to me in old grocery bags that I'll assume they are petro-proof. Styrofoam not so much as you say.

Although as the lady in DrMike's link proved out, they almost always have a hole in them. You'd think that even a total tool would have at least grabbed an old vinegar jug or something a bit more suitable than a plastic bag.
                                The underlying sad and scary point spelled out in that video is that these people will have to make life and death decisions while behind the wheel shortly after this horrendous act of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X