Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCRider
    replied
    Nice solution to your needs! We're an aging group. I'm sure a lot of us will end up with something similar for a few years before we finally give up the shop.

Leave a comment:

• Tmate
    replied
    [QUOTE=PStechPaul;n1951833]That deserves a full size image for detail. What is it with people posting tiny postage stamp images?

It's a thumbnail image. You click on it to get the full size. Better than filling up the whole thread with great big pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Jerrythepilot
    replied
    I like it, well done!

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• olf20
    replied
    Great job!
    I know the feeling! I made a set of rotating tables bolted on the side of the mill so I can move the table up and down and get close to the table. Swing the vise, rotary table over to the mill table and slide it.
    We'll keep on keeping on!
    olf20 / Bob

Leave a comment:

• PStechPaul
    replied
    That deserves a full size image for detail. What is it with people posting tiny postage stamp images?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSM_image_17779.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1951834

Leave a comment:

• Tmate
    started a topic Small Basement Shop Crane

Small Basement Shop Crane

I'm no longer able to pick up large vises, grinders, tool boxes, etc. off the floor or a dolly to put them on a cart or workbench in my basement shop. My solution was to fabricate a small crane to do the heavy lifting for me.

The unit sits on locking casters, and is narrow and short enough to fit through my doorways. However, it is wide and tall enough to straddle a workbench to place a load. Drill press sized equipment can be moved by lifting and sitting it on 2x4s laid across the bottom two frame tubes.

It uses a $125 110V electric hoist with a single cable capacity of 440 lbs., and has a hand-held remote control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	X brace1.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1951822
Working...
X