Thinking of getting a MIG welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom_d View Post

The machine featured in the original post is like mine, in that it has the advantage of being portable with the 120V input. That was my primary reason with going with my SP100. If you don't always need that feature, or have ready access to the heavier supply power wherever you're going to be working, then it never hurts to have the extra capacity. Best of both worlds with the dual voltage. If you're going to go with the bigger machine then I suppose the next question would be why stop there. Is there anything with even larger capacity available that still stays close to budget? I'm not an expert with the Everlast brand, but they appear to have a good product line, with lots of good choices. Can all your needs be combined into one power supply?
    Price is a concern, as my funds are going towards real estate investments. The 399$ 140 amp unit is really fitting the bill quite well. I wish my TIG had a few more bells and whistles like pre-flow, pulse, and AC. Sure, a $2,000 multi process rig would be awesome, that ain’t happening.

Comment

Originally posted by tom_d View Post

The machine featured in the original post is like mine, in that it has the advantage of being portable with the 120V input. That was my primary reason with going with my SP100. If you don't always need that feature, or have ready access to the heavier supply power wherever you're going to be working, then it never hurts to have the extra capacity. Best of both worlds with the dual voltage. If you're going to go with the bigger machine then I suppose the next question would be why stop there. Is there anything with even larger capacity available that still stays close to budget? I'm not an expert with the Everlast brand, but they appear to have a good product line, with lots of good choices. Can all your needs be combined into one power supply?
      Heck yeah! One of these machines will do Stick, TIG and MIG......at a price.
      https://www.esabna.com/us/en/product...v-cc/index.cfm
      Last edited by reggie_obe; 07-22-2021, 07:48 PM. Reason: Forgot the ESAB link

Comment

[QUOTE=RB211;n1952248Anyone have one of these units? Cyclone 140E
        [/QUOTE]

Hmmmm? I didnt see an answer to your Question. I missed it if it was there.

I get it, you have your mind made up to some extent, right? Why ask the question dumb without any notion.

And that Sir: is proper research.

I know, I flouded the post just like now :0

Only advice I could every give is go 220vac (common) or higher and always use gas.

I have welded the drip rails of my 62 nova tight! Google jrouche 62 nova drip rails. (It seems we dont need to save stuff.).

Anyway.

I like what you are doing. Id stay with the same manufacture and get some larger gas bottles JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Hmmmm? I didnt see an answer to your Question. I missed it if it was there.

I get it, you have your mind made up to some extent, right? Why ask the question dumb without any notion.

And that Sir: is proper research.

I know, I flouded the post just like now :0

Only advice I could every give is go 220vac (common) or higher and always use gas.

I have welded the drip rails of my 62 nova tight! Google jrouche 62 nova drip rails. (It seems we dont need to save stuff.).

Anyway.

I like what you are doing. Id stay with the same manufacture and get some larger gas bottles JR

Nice car!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Nice car!!!
            Thanks. should have been search google images " Like this. -> https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...for-rain/page2 JR
            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
            X