No announcement yet.

More photo*ucket idiocy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing is, I've been heavily into being online and the whole computer thing, since about 1997.
    And I've never used a photo hosting service.
    Because all you have to do on any given website
    is look at the business model and you can see what's coming.
    So I bypassed the entire thing.

It's really annoying what JT is going through, I totally understand the frustration.
    I've gone through the same thing with my own medical records
    And government sites.

Usually the best way is to get hold of somebody in their tech support.
    Have a clear and calm description of your system and the problem beforehand.
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post

Keep in mind that some individuals who posted irreplaceable project documentation photos on PB have passed on. PB's efforts to make it difficult to move those photos elsewhere have complicated those many situations.
      Good point!! And they dont give a hoot... Why should they really..

Years ago I built a large computer with the purpose of downloading specific web sites with the anticipation the web site (they have) or the post (they have) or the pic host goes belly up (they have).

Some info is better to be Not lost for ever. Some is, like my crap JR

Edit: After reading some of the stuff about intellectual property and me saying I am harvesting web sites sounded wrong to me..
      And to you also..

I harvest web sites because I know the information will be lost, permanant. I dont like that. Machining Projects here big time.

So think of me as a Library. Protecting the information.

Its alreay worked. JR
      Last edited by JRouche; 07-23-2021, 12:58 AM.
      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Oh, I'm not "going through" anything.....

I actually do not give much of the hind end of a rat about it, other than I'll have to figure out what photos were in some threads.

it is more amazement that ANYONE, in this day and age, cannot get a simple lost password system to work. Everyone and his dog have pass-worded sites, and every one of them has a lost password procedure that works..... except apparently PB.

It fits very well with all the other bone-headed crap they have done. Starting with not knowing how they were going to make money.

BTW, some of the other hosting sites figured out how to make money from hosting without demanding ever-increasing fees.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Oh, I'm not "going through" anything.....

it is more amazement that ANYONE, in this day and age, cannot get a simple lost password system to work.

Everyone and his dog have pass-worded sites, and every one of them has a lost password procedure that works..... except apparently PB.

make money from hosting without demanding ever-increasing fees.

Read between the lines. And I am in full agreement..

I read this as a Contract Law veiw. They are in violation of the Contract between Jerry and Myself. I paid Photobuck Money, thats the contrtact, when they took it.

Now they want to hold your images they clearly still have for Ransom, per-say.

More to the point. Breach of Contract Jerry.. Ill sign in.. JR

P.S. I am curious though. If any of the users, past or present ever read the Contrct Photobucket presented to us? Naw, not many. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
          X